What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

Diner breakfast to kick off the new year.
DDC3531B-8C9D-4CAE-8EF9-4CD216684207.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My wife made two different kinds of fudge last night. Peanut Butter. The other Chocolate.

For the neighbors.

She was tied up with obligations away from home during the holidays.

I call her the War Department because she's tougher than ANY General you'd want in yer Army.

But she's sweeter than ANYONE I've EVER met. Probably has as big a heart as Mother Theresa.

So, while she's making deliveries......I'll be testing the fudge! With coffee, black.

It's a shame I was called into Nursing. With my love for coffee, sweets, and guns I would have made an excellent policeman. Whaddya think @OkieStubble ?

FarmerTan

IMG_20210103_125101617.jpg

My wife has this copper coated thingy that you plug in. So today she wanted to try over easy eggs for me, and the first try the yoke broke, the second one was fine. Delicious!

And I have thus far stayed away from the fudge!

For those who put the fried eggs on the plate, beside the toast, is there a reason for not putting the eggs on top of the toast?

Just curious, since I have always put the eggs on top of the toast. For several reasons: the eggs stay warm longer (unless you pre-heat the plates), the toast will soak all the runny yolk and the oily bits, no need to scrape the plate for the last of the yolk.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

For those who put the fried eggs on the plate, beside the toast, is there a reason for not putting the eggs on top of the toast?

Just curious, since I have always put the eggs on top of the toast. For several reasons: the eggs stay warm longer (unless you pre-heat the plates), the toast will soak all the runny yolk and the oily bits, no need to scrape the plate for the last of the yolk.
Lol, just never thought of doing it that way.

This would also spare my wife from having me lick my plate when I'm done!

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock

I bust the eggs and then use the toast to sop the yoke up along with the bacon grease that was left on the eggs. You do fry your eggs in bacon grease, don't you? :)

FarmerTan

I bust the eggs and then use the toast to sop the yoke up along with the bacon grease that was left on the eggs. You do fry your eggs in bacon grease, don't you? :)
The bacon grease is what was missing my friend. Ugh. My wife is gonna save my life if it kills me.

Top Bottom