What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

This was a new recipe for me, French creamed eggs. Gently fork-scrambled with heavy cream and then added to lightly sauteed mushrooms, peppers, and onion - not rocket science. What was intriguing was how he prepared the toast points. Here is the video -

My variation on a theme was to use Whole Foods sourdough bread browned in garlic-flavored rosemary-infused olive oil.

20200919_073430.jpg

I must say, I enjoyed the bread much more than I did the eggs. There was nothing wrong with the eggs, just nothing to rave about either.

Tim

P.S. - I used much much less oil than was shown in the video. Essentially, just enough to coat the bottom of the skillet.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Couldn't sleep so I gave up trying and decided to start the day. Going to have a couple of hard boiled eggs but they'll be cooking & then cooling for a while. In the meantime I'm heating a small tin of Heinz beans to put on toast with coffee.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Oatmeal, buckwheat, cream of wheat, and couscous stirabout topped with with raisins and orange marmalade. Tea.

Breakfast sandwich made with toasted and buttered Bay's English Muffins, medium-spiced sausage patties, fried over-medium egg, and a slice of Kraft Deluxe American cheese. VarIations are using bacon or a slice of smoked ham instead of sausage. When you have made a number of these, you get good at it and get results that are far superior to an Egg McMuffin. And these are pretty easy to make

Breakfast sandwich made with toasted and buttered Bay's English Muffins, medium-spiced sausage patties, fried over-medium egg, and a slice of Kraft Deluxe American cheese. VarIations are using bacon or a slice of smoked ham instead of sausage. When you have made a number of these, you get good at it and get results that are far superior to an Egg McMuffin. And these are pretty easy to make
Biscuits and/or croissants can up the number of variants as well.

Biscuits and/or croissants can up the number of variants as well.
You betcha! We have made biscuits before, even had shortcake biscuits which have sugar added, and they go great with the savory flavors of the meat, egg and cheese. Done croissants once, they were fine also.

Top Bottom