What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
3B302334-614C-42AE-AFC8-058430452A73.jpeg

Last. Night i took my sour dough starter discard and mixed up the start of sourdough for breakfast. I made waffles, i will make a batch , freeze the excess for another day.
They came out pretty good.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

martym

For a traditional breakfast and time my answer is nothing this morning.
I worked 4-12 yesterday evening and then at about 10p I was voluntold for the midnight-8a shift. I am just getting home so am going to shower and go to sleep. I am working 4-12 again today.
I will probably eat as soon as I get to work this afternoon and that will be my breakfast.
Man I am sleepy.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
For a traditional breakfast and time my answer is nothing this morning.
I worked 4-12 yesterday evening and then at about 10p I was voluntold for the midnight-8a shift. I am just getting home so am going to shower and go to sleep. I am working 4-12 again today.
I will probably eat as soon as I get to work this afternoon and that will be my breakfast.
Man I am sleepy.
I made breakfast for ya Marty. Enjoy.

20200607_081351.jpg
20200607_083320.jpg
20200607_083333.jpg
20200607_083336.jpg

martym

I had 3 fried eggs and wild hog and deer sausage this morning. And I drank 2 smoothies.

Egg and vegetable frittata with Johnsonville links. The frittata has asparagus, mushroom, onion, and spinach, all sauteed in oil before adding to the egg and shredded cheddar, baked for about 25 minutes. Tasty!

The recipe I used is from cookieandkate.com, there are just two of us to feed, so I reduced the eggs to six scrambled, be sure to add two to three tablespoons of dairy, like cream, half and half, whole milk, etc to the egg mixture, along with about a whole cup of shredded cheese, cheddar gives a better taste than swiss to the whole dish. Sauteeing the veggies for several minutes before folding them into the egg, dairy and cheese mixture gives you tender texture. On asparagus, use only the tips. I bake 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes in a greased glass pie plate. Goes really good with hash browns or fried potatoes. Also I will add crumbled sausage or bacon bits sometimes, lots of ways to go here with other veggies, like cherry tomatoes diced up, even cubed ham, where swiss cheese goes well with ham. Count on six nice-sized servings, and leftovers keep for a couple days in the fridge. I assume the original recipe calling for twelve eggs would feed several people. Also the veggies cook down while sauteeing, so prepare plenty. Frittatas have become a favorite breakfast/brunch item at our house. Sort of like a veggie omelet, only richer tasting. They are tasty, filling and satisfying. Think you will enjoy it.

Attachments

• 20200531_080547.jpg
    20200531_080547.jpg
    834.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Top Bottom