What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Yummy
A477B08F-A6DD-4EB3-971C-37500AF0D453.jpeg

Raspberry sourdough pancakes, takes about 12-18 hours to make but very well worth it.
Alongside..Swaggerty's sausage. A Tennessee favorite. Made up near Knoxville

My first frittata. This thing was very good. Took about half hour to prep, then bake for 25 minutes. Filling was sauted fresh veggies--asparagus tips, mushrooms, onions, spinach, some bacon bits and shredded cheddar. All folded into six scrambled eggs, some whole milk, more cheddar, salt and pepper, and about a dozen cherry tomatoes cut in fourths. Leftovers for breakfast tomorrow and the missus brunch (9am) at work. Definitely will make again. Recipes galore online.

Attachments

• 20200531_080547.jpg
    20200531_080547.jpg
    834.1 KB · Views: 6
Breakfast this morning was built around a homemade pork hash. Used some smoked pulled pork from last nights' dinner and mixed it with a blend of potatoes, mushrooms, and red onion.

20200531_072325.jpg
20200531_072314.jpg

Took some hash out for my better half, who is vegetarian and then added the pork and plated the hash with eggs over easy and some multigrain toast.

20200531_073009.jpg

20200531_075515.jpg

Tim

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I haven’t had pancakes in over a year, even though the wife makes them for the grandchildren (I usually do omelette when she does). I saw a picture of pancakes a few minutes ago, now I am craving the ones she makes. I may have to pick up sausage for tomorrow morning.

on edit: if breakfast involves syrup, but switch from bacon sausage- either patties or links.

Not sure if what I make is a frittata or not... At our house it is more of a use up veggies and other stuff in the fridge and we are falling behind in using the eggs our chickens/ducks are producing. I mostly make it in the evenings but I use a cast iron pan to partially cook the veggies, saute the mushrooms and/or onions. I then mix up a dozen plus eggs and fold it all together. On the stove top I let the bottom and sides cook till just before they brown. Then I pop it into an oven and cook until it is solid in the middle (about 30 min at 350F or so). The initial cooking on the stove top helps form a browned layer that simulates a crust and the time in the oven cooks it evenly. I have also done it entirely on the stove top but you need to cover the pan and turn the heat way down.

Last night was also a "dinner for breakfast" because the meat I took out of the freezer wasn't thawed yet. We had bacon and eggs - sorry no pics it disappeared too fast.

Ruckin.

Last edited:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
When we would go camping or hunting (just dad, my brother, and I) dad would always make us promise to never tell mom we were eating so good cuz she would be angry at him for spending so much money. He would open a couple cans of Vienna sausages and tell us they were beef tips and it’s what the rich people eat.
We didn’t know any better.
Man we thought daddy was really splurging on us.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I had a piece of Key Lime pie which we had gotten for my birthday. I'm training for the Olympics...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
When we would go camping or hunting (just dad, my brother, and I) dad would always make us promise to never tell mom we were eating so good cuz she would be angry at him for spending so much money. He would open a couple cans of Vienna sausages and tell us they were beef tips and it’s what the rich people eat.
We didn’t know any better.
Man we thought daddy was really splurging on us.
That’s good.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I haven’t had pancakes in over a year, even though the wife makes them for the grandchildren (I usually do omelette when she does). I saw a picture of pancakes a few minutes ago, now I am craving the ones she makes. I may have to pick up sausage for tomorrow morning.

on edit: if breakfast involves syrup, but switch from bacon sausage- either patties or links.
The urge for pancakes was temporary. I managed not to ask for any today.

Top Bottom