ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Sausage and eggs in the woods

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Love the kuksa Mike.

Super simple side of things today. Doing what we can with what we can get.

Everything bagel with cream cheese, onion and some hard salami.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
My wonderful wife packed my breakfast and lunch for today. I am 8-4 today and she is 4-12 but she woke up early and made homemade flour tortillas and prepared weenie and egg tacos. I will eat those as soon as I get to work. I have no idea what she packed me for lunch.
She’s a wonderful woman, mother, and wife. I am so very blessed.
Weenie and egg tacos? You have some splaining to do Lucy.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Hahahaha
She cooked. I ate.
She used a Member’s Mark all beef hot dog.
It was really good.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Ok. No pics and it has been a minute, but the title of the thread is "What's your breakfast?". So I'm going to let you all in on my most favoritist happy place breakfast base ever. Ready? OK... Savory STEEL CUT OATS!!!!!

What the @$!# some of you are asking. But no really. Basically like a breakfast risotto. Make your steel cut oats with some chicken, veggie or even beef stock and then riff on it...

- oats, sliced radish, avocado, arugula, a couple over easy eggs and sriracha

- oats, fresh tomato, baby spinach, pesto, a couple over easy eggs

-oats, smoked salmon, asparagus, hollandaise, a couple poached eggs

You get the idea and I could keep going for a minute or ten. Anyway, give it a shot and let me know your thoughts.

I have done the savory oats before; you have some nice ideas there, @Chef455.

Today was mildly sweet steel cut oats with dried cranberries, shredded coconut (unsweetened), pumpkin puree, pumpkin seeds, pinch of turbinado sugar and Ceylon cinnamon.

There was a big cup of herbal tea made from dried hibiscus and rosehips. I've been weaning myself off caffeine as an experiment.

Speaking of toast, I pulled the second loaf of Sally Lunn bread from the freezer and hacked off a couple of slices. It makes a great cinnamon toast!

Top Bottom