What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
20191108_102510.jpg

A bowl of red. A front has been cong through, so it's chilly and drizzly. I almost topped it with a runny egg of some sort, but that felt like gilding the lily.

Lately it's been all about the coffee. And then something to eat to accompany the coffee. So yesterday was just two eggs over easy. Today it was just a toasted english muffin with Smart Balance and Smucker's Strawberry Preserves and some OJ to wash down then meds and supplements.

Now i wanna join in, i love food :) So breakfast and dinner.

Twins, Chicken Breast, 2 pieces fried in Butter, Salt & Pepper, the other 2 in Cinnamon Butter, now that Christmas is coming :)

Attachments

• Chicken.jpg
    Chicken.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 12

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Bacon, buttered toast and marmalade. Freshly ground coffee too. For me black with a bit more in a thermal cup to take to work and for my wife a bit of coffee in a microwaved mug of milk.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Indonesian style fried noodles: "Mie Goreng". Instant noodles, soak in water, fry off shallots, garlic, chillies, add some veg, left over steak from last night that the missus could not finish and an egg. Top with sunny side up eggs, or "mata sapi" in the vernacular (literally bull's eye).
View attachment 1029676

I'll have to try this.^^ Is it similar to Nasi goreng? The first and last time I had Nasi Goreng was in Hong Kong in the mid 90's. I remember it fondly.

Two German Brotchen with Leberwurst on two halves, and hard salami on the other two halves with medium lowensenf mustard. Butter on all of them. And a cup of Scottish Breakfast tea with two sugars and a drop of cream.
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
proxy.php

Two German Brotchen with Leberwurst on two halves, and hard salami on the other two halves with medium lowensenf mustard. Butter on all of them. And a cup of Scottish Breakfast tea with two sugars and a drop of cream.
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
proxy.php
Are you in europe? Where?

That looks perfect, absolutely perfect.

A few years ago I was staying at a very posh house in Macau, they even had a chef. He prepared eggs benedict with really crispy bacon, a tall black coffee and a crisp cold red apple afterwards.

Seventh Heaven.
Thank you, Vacumatic. My wife spoils me with this breakfast every weekend. I also get to finish the sauce leftovers with another toasted muffin. English muffin that is. It is a treat and something to look forward to.

This morning was a simple "Egg in the Eye". Basically a piece of multi-grain bread, toasted in a fry pan with olive oil and a hole cut out of the middle just a little larger than the size of a yoke. Fry it on both sides just enough to cook the whites and leave the yoke runny. Accompanied by two cups of cafe au lait brewed in a french press.

image.png

Last edited:
Thank you, Vacumatic. My wife spoils me with this breakfast every weekend. I also get to finish the sauce leftovers with another toasted muffin. English muffin that is. It is a treat and something to look forward to.

You are a very lucky man. One of the best cafes that I know is called Bettys in both York and Harrogate, Yorkshire. People form a line for up to an hour to eat there but their Eggs Benedict doesnt look half as good as yours.

bettys-york-034.jpg

It's Saturday so it's corn beef hash...

Sunday is our corn beef hash day! Just out of a can though, and I dice up a couple of extra potatoes to soak up some of the fat. Put a large helping on top of a piece of toast, add generous amount of ketchup, and top all that off with 2 eggs over easy and I guarantee you will have a late lunch.

-jim

2 cups of black coffee

3 sausage or bacon or left over meat cut up

3 eggs scrambled with greek yogurt... If i have onions, peppers, or spinach, I throw that in..

Oatmeal or a healthy oats and grain cereal with protein shake..... I workout 6 days a week on top of being in construction. I am a human garbage disposal.

Weekends its the same, with I let myself have buttered toast, on Sunday, I have corn beef hash and hopefully waffles or pancakes too.

Top Bottom