What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

too busy procuring more breakfast meat to fix this on weekends right now.

the wife and my typical weekend breakfast.

lightly grilled venison, eggs, grits.

20190505_104900.jpg

nothing better in my world.

from tree to freezer......I take care of this speciality.

camo

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Dang. I've never actually tried this stuff.

I'm on a mission now . . . I used to visit a couple of Brit stores . . . but not for a few years. Not certain they exist now.

Try it try it you will see. . . you can eat it in a tree. I do not like it . . . sam I am. . . .

Like it or not I'll finish a jar. Hope I can find a small one.

Curry Puff - thick chicken curry, potato and hard boiled egg in a pastry shell. Recipes vary, as does quality. This was only OK and wouldn't buy from that stall again(!)

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
The wife prepared my breakfast this morning: scrambled eggs with little smokies sausages and toast with apple butter.
She has already packed my lunch and dinner for work but I have no idea what she packed. That’s my favorite way to eat.

Indonesian style fried noodles: "Mie Goreng". Instant noodles, soak in water, fry off shallots, garlic, chillies, add some veg, left over steak from last night that the missus could not finish and an egg. Top with sunny side up eggs, or "mata sapi" in the vernacular (literally bull's eye).
QW8VOdpNS027YfGc06HLzw.jpg

My typical breakfast is two eggs over easy with some multi grain toast, a cup or two of coffee and some OJ. Occasionally I'll allow myself a couple strips of bacon but that is becoming more and more rare.

Today's was a Chicago style hot dog then a chili dog and a few beers. Lunch consisted of Alka Seltzer and I took a shower. Feeling okay now!

"Red Eye" gravy. My grandmother taught me how to make it years ago as a kid. Fry up the fattiest ham you can get, remove the meat when done. Leave all the grease in the skillet, add a 1/2 cup of water, a 1/2 cup of black coffee, some salt...leave it all to boil...mmmmmm....mmmm, when it's piping hot, pour it in a bowl and dunk your biscuits in it....cant be beat. This is the "real" southern gravy. Who else eats this?

Dow
Whoa! This seems just crazy enough to work, maybe? Unless you're putting us on!!

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I’ve been go back and looking at your breakfast now and then. I have been mulling it over and have come to the decision that it looks very good.
Not something I have ever eaten or have ever thought of eating but it looks really good.
Indonesian style fried noodles: "Mie Goreng". Instant noodles, soak in water, fry off shallots, garlic, chillies, add some veg, left over steak from last night that the missus could not finish and an egg. Top with sunny side up eggs, or "mata sapi" in the vernacular (literally bull's eye).
View attachment 1029676

I’ve been go back and looking at your breakfast now and then. I have been mulling it over and have come to the decision that it looks very good.
Not something I have ever eaten or have ever thought of eating but it looks really good.

I highly recommend it - you can use any leftover protein or fresh stuff, whatever veg you have, as much or as little chilli or seasoning.

Top Bottom