What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

You know, this picture inspires me to make some pancakes and stuff some scrambled egg, cheese and sausage between two 'cakes. This is how I have had them in my favorite hole-in-the-wall local diner when I was living up in Saranac Lake, NY.

Thanks for bringing back those fond memories.

Tim
I’m an upstater; born in Utica, raised in Oneonta, educated at Albany State. Spent lots of a time at a family camp in Old Forge. Air Force took me across the country and around the world. Happily retired in the Land of Enchantment.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I’m an upstater; born in Utica, raised in Oneonta, educated at Albany State. Spent lots of a time at a family camp in Old Forge. Air Force took me across the country and around the world. Happily retired in the Land of Enchantment.
Dated a girl from Morris many years ago. A few years ago I read that she had returned to Oneonta & was running a butterfly zoo or museum or some such thing.

It' a career is science that has taken me and the family across the country and around the world, but my 'spirit' has always been in the ADK. Have been in CT for a few years now so I appreciate the proximity to the North Country.

Tim

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I can and do eat scrambled eggs without ketchup from time to time. However, I love Ketchup on my scrambled eggs.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I can and do eat scrambled eggs without ketchup from time to time. However, I love Ketchup on my scrambled eggs.
See, I told ya...lol.

A fried egg taco over spanish chorizo....homemade salsa splashed on. An English muffin with butter and fig jam on the side.

20200719_095959.jpg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Fresh fruit for breakfast. Pecos melon from Texas.View attachment 1127673
During high school I lived in Odessa, Texas. We always had Pecks cantaloupes. They were usually 10 for $1. Yes. That is correct.
A scientist/researcher for the Department of Agriculture told me years ago that to pick the sweetest melon select melons about the same size and always choose the heavier one because sugar weighs more than water.
It has never failed me.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
During high school I lived in Odessa, Texas. We always had Pecks cantaloupes. They were usually 10 for $1. Yes. That is correct.
A scientist/researcher for the Department of Agriculture told me years ago that to pick the sweetest melon select melons about the same size and always choose the heavier one because sugar weighs more than water.
It has never failed me.
Lately I've been eating "Summer kiss" melons. A dort of a green melon. HEB has been carring them. Absolutely heaven.

It has never failed me.
We’ll keep that technique in mind although the melon lady has never sold us a bad one. Her temporary roadside stand has a Wild West vibe as it is dusty and she is openly packing heat. Can’t blame a single lady running a cash business for carrying. The appearance of the melons means green chile season is just a few weeks away.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
We’ll keep that technique in mind although the melon lady has never sold us a bad one. Her temporary roadside stand has a Wild West vibe as it is dusty and she is openly packing heat. Can’t blame a single lady running a cash business for carrying. The appearance of the melons means green chile season is just a few weeks away.
I would buy from her.

Top Bottom