What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

Breakfast is the best meal of the day. Lately it's been two eggs over easy, two breakfast sausages and three cups of espresso. A perfect way to start the day!

Weekdays it's a Slim Fast, banana and coffee. Weekends it's a Jimmy Dean's breakfast sandwich, banana and coffee.

Lunch ends up being my main meal of the day.

Weekdays it's a Slim Fast, banana and coffee. Weekends it's a Jimmy Dean's breakfast sandwich, banana and coffee.

Lunch ends up being my main meal of the day.
Sounds like a good breakfast. I have heard lots about Slim Fast...is it good for weight loss? Does it leave you feeling satisfied?

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Sometimes I like a bit of crumpet to start the day.

Buttered crumpets with raspberry jam and a nice cup of coffee.

DSC_0001_01.JPG

I've had two to three scrambled eggs for breakfast about 98% of the time for the past 50 years. Sometimes I'll add bacon bits with a side of sliced tomatoes and some pickled beets. Always Tobasco on the eggs though...that's another must have.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Left overs.
Corned silverside, mash potatoes, carrot and broccoli, all fried with a sliced onion.
Severed with a couple of fried eggs.

DSC_0002.JPG

Last edited:
Two favorites on workdays - depends on if I'm making some for SWMBO. And always I take vitamins, aspirin and other supplements with a swig of cranberry juice, and always there's plenty of fresh ground black coffee from the French press.
1) bread (usually baguette) with either a) sharp cheddar cheese, or b) Irish butter and fruit preserves;
2) a shake from the blender with banana, peanut butter, honey, oatmeal, protein powder, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, flax seed meal, and bee pollen.

I think Nick forgot to slice the English muffin open. Julienned pepperoni? Sounds like somebody had a hangover.
Hahaaa, you know me too well. Leftovers after a night of homemade pizza and Manhattans. Believe it or not, that is HALF a muffin. I saw those beasts and had to have them.
Left overs.
Corned silverside, mash potatoes, carrot and broccoli, all fried with a sliced onion.
Severed with a couple of fried eggs.

View attachment 787255
Looks delicious. :thumbup1:
Always greek yogurt, granola, honey and cinnamon. I throw in any in-season berry or fruit. These days is strawberries. Yum!
That's my weekday go-to. Greek or Skyr yogurt with blueberries or granola.
Not today, but the night after some slow cooker corned beef. An admittedly way-overly poached egg on top.

DSC02047.jpg

Always had a bowl of porridge with some kind of fresh berry thrown in. Some days I'll also have a hard boiled egg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I change it up...

This morning; egg sandwich on an english muffin with arugula and goat cheese

View attachment 790043
That looks fantabulous!!!
Goat cheese!! Heavenly
The JW Marriot Spa and Resort in San Antonio has and whipped goat cheese and herb spread they serve with seasoned sliced baguettes! And. And an egg sammich out of it? Oh my!!

School year it is breakfast burrietos from McDonalds during the week or Oatmeal or Toast with jam and peanut butter.
Weekends we make eggs, bacon, ham, gravy and biscuits. Or we make pancakes.

Top Bottom