What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

Monday to Friday it is steel cut oats with flax seed meal and cinnamon, orang juice and my whole wheat bread with home made almond butter.

On the weekend it is scrambled eggs with spinach and salsa, whole wheat bread with home made almond butter and a grapefruit.

Most days for me breakfast consists of three eggs, usually hard boiled as they're done in advance making it quick in the morning. If I have time sometimes fried eggs or sometimes scrambled.

This was on Friday morning, but I had 3 eggs over medium on top of some chilaquiles:

IMG_0776.JPG
IMG_0777.JPG

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Forgot to snap a pic, but I had bacon, hash browns, and 3 over easy eggs with Big O's Hot Stuff (enjoyed by people in two countries) on them.

I'll be the third with steel cut oats being my usual go to... with a little sprinkle of brown sugar, sometimes added in raisins or dried cranberries.

Had to give up my steel cut oats to keep my weight loss going. Currently, a hard boiled egg with hot sauce, and a bowl of egg whites with some Mrs. Dash for seasoning.

I miss my oats. :crying:

Had to give up my steel cut oats to keep my weight loss going. Currently, a hard boiled egg with hot sauce, and a bowl of egg whites with some Mrs. Dash for seasoning.

I miss my oats. :crying:
That's strange to me, since I picked up the serving of oatmeal for breakfast as part of my weight loss and diabetes control program.

That's strange to me, since I picked up the serving of oatmeal for breakfast as part of my weight loss and diabetes control program.

I had to cut my carbs down, to compensate for a cup of prune juice that I had to add to keep my digestion going.

I had to cut my carbs down, to compensate for a cup of prune juice that I had to add to keep my digestion going.
Yeah, I keep my carb count on the low side as well, but I manage to fit the steel cut oats in for breakfast, and go carb free on a different meal to cover that.

I cook breakfast 5 mornings a week (don't have time on my ride days). My rotaion is chorizo egg and cheese tacos or fried over easy with bacon and wheat toast. On the weekends I make pancakes or waffles for the kids before i go to work.

Most days - coffee. I don't get hungry until around 10 to 10:30 then its something quick (granola bar, english muffin with peanut butter, etc)

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I think Nick forgot to slice the English muffin open. Julienned pepperoni? Sounds like somebody had a hangover.

Personally I can't stand most breakfast food. Just a bunch of heavy fats and carbs. I'm far happier having a coffee and skipping it. If I have to be at work early, then it's usually a cup of greek yogurt to get me through to lunch.

Tea first, of course! I need my fiber so most days its a hearty cold cereal, or oatmeal in the winter. The dog likes oatmeal too. We might have eggs or pancakes on the weekend. I also occasionally like English muffins with preserves or cinnamon sugar. I need some new ideas so keep them coming!

Top Bottom