What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Kind of a long and winding road, but...

Chilaquiles.

We had tacos last night and I made fresh masa and pressed out the tortillas. My usual start for masa is 500g of dent corn which turns into about a kilogram of masa once it's boiled and soaked and ground. And ground. And ground. :) Milling it three times through the Victoria mill makes a masa good for table tortillas.

That makes a lot of leftover tortillas, so I'm always up for chilaquiles the next morning.

O.H.

Fast breakfast this morning. Berries in yogurt with candy bar aka Energy Bar.

935A651C-11F0-42A1-B64E-6A4CF20E2CE4.jpeg

Made breakfast for the missus this morning...fried sausage patties, eggs fried in a bit of the sausage grease, hash browns with shredded cheddar on top, wheat toast with butter and strawberry jam, orange juice and coffee. A tasty, satisfying, gut-busting, unhealthy start to the day...but darnit, it was good!

Retired. Coffee and computer for the first 90 minutes to wake up. Then my usual: 2 xl over-easy eggs fried in butter with buttered English Muffin. On my not so hungry mornings, it's a frozen Sandwich Bros Egg & Cheese (nuked 1:05 on high + 30 sec sit time before taking out). Not a routine for those who eat healthy.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
This oughta prove that @njpaddy and I are not the same person...:lol:

This morning: apples sauteed in butter, blueberries, blackberries, homemade granola and homemade yogurt. Coffee.

Mrs. Hippie takes good care of this old man.

O.H.

• Al Bacio
Reactions: ctr
Nacho cheese Doritos with a scrumptious dip of taco meat, refried beans, shredded cheddar, and salsa. Not exactly breakfast fare, but it was made from leftovers from our taco night. Really good, might have to do again. Guess it's no different than cold pizza from the night before.:thumbup:

Two eggs fried in a bit of bacon grease, three strips Hormel Black Label bacon, one slice buttered wheat toast with strawberry preserves, an orange, black coffee.

Top Bottom