What's new

What’s Your Blade?

The one? That razor with the best grind for your beard and face, the perfect width and weight. The perfect edge and steel.

I went through about seven or eight different razors and have settled on a Ralf Aust 7/8 Spanish Point. I’ve had some nice razors. Never had a Fili but maybe one day. Anyways. This is the one that just works. So I am gonna grab a few more. Not a complete seven day set but three maybe four total to ensure that I never run out. Worst things in life are when great things get discontinued or bought out etc. you know how that goes.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
IMG_20211223_165339.jpg
Gold Dollar W59
At present, this is "the one" for me. All 22 of my SR's are a pleasure to shave with and shave perfectly for me but each type is different. The W59 is currently my most favoured SR because it requires a little more concentration when being used. I keep the toe pointy and sharp.

My most aesthetically pleasing SR is my Ralf Aust 6/8 American point dressed in blond horn scales. It shaves just as well as the W59 but doesn't require quite the same level of concentration.

IMG_20211102_124955.jpg
Ralf Aust 6/8​

PS. The W59 is also the best for shaving inside nostrils and ear canals 😊.

Legion

Staff member
50379351-C10F-4B48-B1F3-76AFBE82BF66.jpeg

I have a lot, but my current go to razor, the one that stays out of the storage containers, is this French Hamon Fabricant from the 1860’s, in ivory.

It’s got a few marks and pitting, but it ticks all the boxes for the type of razor I like, and it shaves really well.

I really like my T.I. 6/8th half-hollow. My other 2 razors are 6/8th full hollows but I like how rigid the T.I. feels. I have a 7/8th pre-ordered with the thicker grind now too so we shall see if my opinion changes when I get my new razor. I'll shave with my Aust and GD once in a while but the T.I. is the one I keep grabbing and prefer by a long shot.

The one? That razor with the best grind for your beard and face, the perfect width and weight. The perfect edge and steel.

I went through about seven or eight different razors and have settled on a Ralf Aust 7/8 Spanish Point. I’ve had some nice razors. Never had a Fili but maybe one day. Anyways. This is the one that just works. So I am gonna grab a few more. Not a complete seven day set but three maybe four total to ensure that I never run out. Worst things in life are when great things get discontinued or bought out etc. you know how that goes.
Yeah, Like a real Les Paul.

Top Bottom