What's new

What's your best LOOKING finisher?

65FB8144-F92A-4AFC-8177-DCE32BD365C1.jpeg
C43BA560-F676-4736-9DFE-866FEF1C223E.jpeg

Can’t decide which one I like best. Here are all my stones lol

IMG_9375.jpeg
IMG_9376.jpeg

Ohira Suita - Big *** chunk. Hones great. These pictures are older ones when the vendor still had it. I don't really care for wooden stands. So I took this one off and was lucky as he said it was not put on very well, he'd never gotten around to making a proper stand for it. It is debatable if this is my nicest looking finisher, especially since its suita, and not technically awasedo, but it can and does finish razors and produce a killer edge that I need to shave the thick, coarse forest of scraggly hair that has taken root in my face.
IMG_9375.jpeg
IMG_9376.jpeg
IMG_9375.jpeg
IMG_9376.jpeg
IMG_9375.jpeg
IMG_9376.jpeg
IMG_9375.jpeg
IMG_9376.jpeg

I really don't think any stones stand a chance against Japanese Naturals, but here is a family photo of my most interesting looking Coticules. The pictures aren't the best, so they really aren't doing the stones justice :glare:

Dry:
View attachment 293832

Wet:
View attachment 293833

View attachment 293834

This isn't the coolest looking Les Lat I've seen, but they all exude a certain level of cool.

View attachment 293835

View attachment 293836
Very nice looking coticules. Beautiful, in fact.

Sorry my post repeating the pictures four times. I don’t actually know why. I tried to delete those but I’m not finding the tools to do it. At least not on my phone.

What is probably my prettiest (to me) coticule is already up here from a couple years ago. I've got a number of quite special Les Lat Hybrids, a very unusual and pretty BBW and a crazy looking Rouge du Salm as well as some quite pretty Jnats... but that speckled Coticule is so pretty, I'd may some day frame it and put it on my wall as a work of art.

Just sold another beauty. The only half decent photo I've got is this one I took to sell it. I'll miss her.

But my prettiest stone to my eyes is this one that David helped me snag. It was oil crusted and dirty as could be when he found it on eBay and linked it to me as maybe being a Thuringian if I wanted to gamble. When I cleaned it up, I found this underneath. It's a Pierre Du Sud Ouest cut to almost perfect 7x1.5x0.75 Escher dimensions... The backside is almost as pretty, but distinct as well, but this is her best angle.

Attachments

• IMG_0457.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG
    635 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0502.JPG
    IMG_0502.JPG
    936.1 KB · Views: 30

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
B72916F9-7A5A-4641-9BC7-87AD1F31A49A.jpeg
977AB856-9F7E-462C-9AD5-DD8E0792E2E7.jpeg
I remember that one. I couldn’t believe it was a PDS. I finally got one for myself, BTW. It’s small and the top is badly dished so I just use the back side.

Here is my best looking finisher.
ebaycot.jpg

Vendor pic, he described it as a La Rose coticule.
It's a wonderfull finisher and I'm still in the process of unlocking all of it's secrets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom