What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

What's your best LOOKING finisher?

It is a Fiddich stone. Or at least that is what I think :) I have seen a few in pics that had red steaks as well....or at least what I remember. I do like green stones :)

That must be what I was thinking of then. They sure look nice to me. I have a stone I bought as glanfaron somewhere around here. Aesthetically no where near as nice as yours there. But it is a hard stone almost like a glass or ceramic. This Fiddich also has that hard glass feel to it.

I have two of each both are hard stones, but the Glanrafon feels more ceramic like a Shapton 1.5k but finishes more like a Charnley Forest stone. The Fiddich is hard like a really hard coticule or thuri or jnat in feel and finish. The Fiddich is a lkttle easier to slurry too. Both are really nice finishers and nice looking too, but the Fiddich edges are incredibly smooth.

Interesting. I have a number of CF and my hardest hard ones are more like a surgical/trans ark. This Fiddich is quite different and like you describe the glanfaron and like the glanfaron I have as well. Never seen a Coti or thuringian come close to this Fiddich stone but could just be my sampling pool. This fiddich does have backside cut reminiscent of several charns I have from when they all went into blocks of wood it seemed.

You have some nice stones there for sure! Appreciate all the info.

Interesting. This fiddich does have backside cut reminiscent of several charns I have from when they all went into blocks of wood it seemed.

You have some nice stones there for sure! Appreciate all the info.
If you are talking about how the bottom is rounded my guess is like the old Charnley Forest stones. This is because they were moulded by a driver blade. Also the labeled Glanrafon interestingly were sold as another sort of Charnley Forest stone even though they are a type of Welsh slate. Maybe it is a Glanrafon can only tell really by feel.