What's new

What’s your best/favorite tool for scrapping soap from a container?

5A11254E-B1D5-493E-8D37-28D918F76878.jpeg
Anyone have a best or favorite soap scrapper suggestion? I want to upgrade from my Ben and Jerry’s ice cream sample spoon.

Anyone have a best or favorite soap scrapper suggestion? I want to upgrade from my Ben and Jerry’s ice cream sample spoon.
Currently using a metal tea spoon, but I'm eyeing a metal espresso spoon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The only time I scrape soap from a bowl is when I am down to the last bit of soap and want to put it in my Frankensoap container.

I think, for some, it's because they gift or sell the soap later and prefer to keep it untouched. I've actually heard someone claim it in a video reviewing soaps.

Me personally, I have been experimenting between loading from the soap with a brush and scooping into a dish then lathering. Trying to find the best lather. FYI, it seems to be a wash. So long as you take the time, either way, to get enough soap in the mix, it works well.

I also use my spoon to mix soaps... Twice only, so far, but it's still useful. [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I use my brush to get soap out of its container, but I'm kinda weird like that. :letterk1:

Haha that’s what I was thinking!

But thanks guys for the clarification. I have a thing for nice uniform, smooth soap pucks. It would bother me if there was a chunk missing. But I’m weird like that.

Ah, you are referring to the tool used to scoop out a snurdle of soap, a "snurdler".

I made one from an old butter knife. Just rounded the tip, made the sides parallel, and slightly curved it to make scooping easier.

It was a more popular a few years ago.

I load the brush directly, unless I'm making some kind of single-serving Frankensoap, then I use the back of my thumbnail.

Top Bottom