What's new

What's your best budget shave cream?

Here are my two nominees...

Coates shave cream, under $4 per tube...

$henckels coates kent lavender april 8 2014.jpg

and cyril salter, just $15 per 5.8 oz. tub! great quality for the price!

$cyril salter rose shavemac gillette slim roberts czech speake 88 december 19 2014.jpg

for cream? Nivea sensitive skin and match that with Nivea ss balm. Not a great amount of scent to this, but it's for sensitive folks.

What is your top pick for a budget shave cream (e.g. under $10)?

For how much product? You can get some Trumpers cream in the tube for ~$11 or I suspect less on sale. This question doesn't mean much unless you specify either:

Price/OZ or
Shaves/dollar

That would be Castle Forbes Lavender (although Lime would also work). While the initial price does not qualify, after over a year of a cream longevity test I found that CF cost me less than half a penny more than Proraso a day with a typical three pass shave. Since I consider the CF considerably better in every department I believe that makes it the best budget shave cream.

When you consider price you have to compare apples to apples - daily product required and size of container - not initial price.

Now if the question is which cream is the cheapest regardless of performance I would have a different answer.
Excellent response!

Sooo many to choose from. :001_smile I feel budget shaving creams meet their value only if you're able to pick them up from the country of origin. I remember my first tube of Proraso green costing me $19 in 2013. That was with me ordering it online and having it shipped to India. Last month I got a tube for less than $3 thanks to my brother who had picked it up while in Italy.

Some of my favourites (all equally good and I can't choose just one):

-Godrej any flavour, Palmolive red, Gillette lime, red, menthol, Zuska, Blue Stratos all <$1
-ShaShave and Biotique Palmyra <$3
-Proraso <$3
-La Toja <$3

Top Bottom