What's new

What's your all-time favorite soap?

6D52C17E-193A-4638-B72A-B109FBE86B83.jpeg

Mitchell’s Wool Fat

I've become something of a Lakewood fanboy as of late. Wonderful performance, great scents. I have five now. But as many others have said, I enjoy many others as well. All part of my renewed/refreshed joy of shaving.

Mitchell's wool fat has remained my favorite as I ventured my way through 200+ soaps over the last 13 years.

SV soaps would be my #2 pick.
200?! Wow! I'd have to shave after every meal to go through that many. I have very slow growth. So far, of the measly 4 I've used, Mitchell's is my favorite.

200?! Wow! I'd have to shave after every meal to go through that many. I have very slow growth. So far, of the measly 4 I've used, Mitchell's is my favorite.

I didn't finish all 200 soaps...there were some I may have used once and got rid of for various reasons (mostly due to skin irritation or headaches), and others may have been half full and I got bored.

I have hardly ever finished a full tub of soap. I currently have 70 in rotation, which is about 30 years worth of daily shaving!

I have however, gone through several pucks of MWF over these years. I absolutely adore this soap and if I didn't enjoy the variety, I would just stick with MWF and a couple of others.

This question gives me fits. Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Age Bay Rum, regular CK formula. There...I did it. 🤣
So when I fist started wet shaving a decade ago, I heard a lot about bay rum (and sandalwood). I've never smelled it. So does it smell like rum?

So when I fist started wet shaving a decade ago, I heard a lot about bay rum (and sandalwood). I've never smelled it. So does it smell like rum?
Different bay rum aromas are all over scent wise. Some are clove heavy, other smell like actual amber rum, like Pinaud VIBR...my personal favorite bay rum.

As to the thread topic...man, it's hard to pick just one and I'm only half way through my samples. So far my favorites are Mike's Natural and PAA CK-6.

Different bay rum aromas are all over scent wise. Some are clove heavy, other smell like actual amber rum, like Pinaud VIBR...my personal favorite bay rum.

As to the thread topic...man, it's hard to pick just one and I'm only half way through my samples. So far my favorites are Mike's Natural and PAA CK-6.
From the replies on this thread, there are several soaps that I think I will eventually try, Mike's and PAA among them. I like Pinaud Clubman aftershave a lot. If I try a bay rum, I might try theirs.

Top Bottom