What's new

What's your all-time favorite soap?

PAA CK-6 has a number different scents. What's Awesome Sauce smell like?

It is a combination of Porasso green soap and aftershave together. Those two alone smell different....PAA combined the two scents and called it Awesome Sauce. I love it...has a nice menthol kick as well.

It is a combination of Porasso green soap and aftershave together. Those two alone smell different....PAA combined the two scents and called it Awesome Sauce. I love it...has a nice menthol kick as well.
So many soaps, so little time :(

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
So when I fist started wet shaving a decade ago, I heard a lot about bay rum (and sandalwood). I've never smelled it. So does it smell like rum?

I only know of one Bay Rum that has a rummy undertone...most don't. Chiseled Face is one of the Bay Rums that you can detect rum.

The ONLY thing that might be a strike against Arko is the post shave feel, but I figure that's why God invented Jergens face lotion.

But Arko has everything else I love: easy to get a great lather, smells great, cheap.

Checks all my boxes friend!
and it is as slick as it can get ! maybe just a notch below slickest artisan soaps !

I like extro cosmosi's tabacco very much. But because of the transportation problem, especially the aftershave splash, it is too difficult for them to get it. Please let me know if anyone knows where it is convenient to buy. Thank you very much.

Besides, my favorite soap is declaration grooming. I've tried a lot of scents, and finally I found that I like best is Cuir et Épices。

Would you happen to be in Europe? From what I've seen online, it seems Palmolive shaving products are more of a European thing.
I'm in Colorado, although I think I bought all of my Palmolive when I lived in TX. I bought my first Palmolive stick from a long-vanished vendor named Mark at Superlather ca. 2008. I liked the old-time scent and the lather, and at the time, it was hard to get stateside. Over the years I tried a bunch of other soaps, made my own, sold some, and ultimately came to realize I'd just as soon use Palmolive more or less every day. As time went on, I put two or four sticks into every order I got from Connaught, bought a 10-pack on eBay, and lo and behold, one day I realized I had 120 sticks. Don't use much else except Speick and Arko. The Palmolive lather is very dense, very slick, and very easy to make. The scent is green and clean. It always feels like returning to home base when I use it after a few days with something else.

I'm in Colorado, although I think I bought all of my Palmolive when I lived in TX. I bought my first Palmolive stick from a long-vanished vendor named Mark at Superlather ca. 2008. I liked the old-time scent and the lather, and at the time, it was hard to get stateside. Over the years I tried a bunch of other soaps, made my own, sold some, and ultimately came to realize I'd just as soon use Palmolive more or less every day. As time went on, I put two or four sticks into every order I got from Connaught, bought a 10-pack on eBay, and lo and behold, one day I realized I had 120 sticks. Don't use much else except Speick and Arko. The Palmolive lather is very dense, very slick, and very easy to make. The scent is green and clean. It always feels like returning to home base when I use it after a few days with something else.
I've never used a stick. I know Arko is rubbed on the face and then lathered from there. Is it the same with all stick soaps?

I've never used a stick. I know Arko is rubbed on the face and then lathered from there. Is it the same with all stick soaps?
It is, although I only use it that way when traveling. I keep two sticks grated in a favorite ceramic container and shaped into a puck, loading and lathering as I would from any soap tub or puck.

It is, although I only use it that way when traveling. I keep two sticks grated in a favorite ceramic container and shaped into a puck, loading and lathering as I would from any soap tub or puck.
I do the same. Trick to handle its dryness = Just use a bit more water, make the lather a bit wet than usual and it will not dry your face ! Works awesome !

Top Bottom