What's new

What’s Your 2019 White Whale?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
So, for those of you who lack the resolve or desire to enter the Sabbatical, what elusive shaver(s) or other shave-related item(s) are you hunting in the New Year?

(This Captain Ahab found his in 2018 — an inexpensive British Hybrid Tech. Thus, no hunting for me this year.)

The Gillette Super Adjustable (probably a 109?) that I already own, but have not seen in 30-40 years. It was my first DE razor.
I strongly suspect that it is in one of the boxes in the basement or attic.
For sure it is not the sort of thing that I would have discarded or given away during any of the six major moves. I've even found one or two boar brushes from that era.

I won't join the sabbatical, but I also don't have any particular razor I want to pursue. Who knows if I will purchase another razor this year or not.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

This month is going to be a bit like a varmint hunt for me...I won't really know what I'm hunting for until I find it and bag it. I'm just enjoying the hunt.

Timeless TI .68 OC. and .95 SB. The only that interests me right now. I won’t get right now since I already have so much stuff to use, maybe if I sell some stuff I can justify getting it.

Also the Karve CB SS with the open comb plates, looking forward to that when it happens.

Edit: NVM I misunderstood the thread.

Great question!!

Since I am (almost) finished with the 2018 Shaving Purchase Sabbatical, my ‘white whale’ for 2019 is to keep my ADs under control!! :a29::a29:

You mean "whale(s)"? :001_smile This Captain Ahab (btw, first time I've ever referred to myself by the name Ahab; not the best name for a Bible believer!:lol1:) is on the hunt for:

1. At least two Timeless razors:
-the Bronze SB
-either .68 OC or .95 SB

2. PAA SS Ascension DOC

3. Rockwell Model T

4. A pristine '47 Gillette Aristocrat

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
No sabbaticals here either, the New Year will see me hunting for a Gillette RFB, A Gillette Gold TTO, a Gillette Goodwill and if it all possible the Grail, a Gillette Double Ring. I may not find any of them but heck, I will have fun trying.

Great question HD!

I will never go on any sabbatical!!

In 2019 I fully expect to acquire my two remaining white whales: a Darwin and a Bigfellow #20 Chromium. Can’t imagine anything stopping me - they are out there (he said desperately)...

D47F363B-0BE9-4206-8ED6-70C1E0C0DD95.jpeg

Rex ambassador. It would more be about me saving the $$ and committing to spend it. They’re pretty exxy over here in Aus.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So, for those of you who lack the resolve or desire to enter the Sabbatical, what elusive shaver(s) or other shave-related item(s) are you hunting in the New Year?

(This Captain Ahab found his in 2018 — an inexpensive British Hybrid Tech. Thus, no hunting for me this year.)

I would like to find a straight razor produced in the 1700's. It would need to be intact and useable. Something like one in the photo.
1700's Razor.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
No sabbaticals for me either. Never! . I am hunting for a Hybrid Tech at a reasonable price, and a psycho Tech maybe.

Hannah's Dad

No sabbaticals for me either. Never! . I am hunting for a Hybrid Tech at a reasonable price, and a psycho Tech maybe.
You’re going to want to spend some time on ebay UK. That’s where I found my Hybrid Tech. Look for a mislabeled one. I’m rooting for you, ‘Captain!’

Hannah's Dad

No sabbaticals here either, the New Year will see me hunting for a Gillette RFB, A Gillette Gold TTO, a Gillette Goodwill and if it all possible the Grail, a Gillette Double Ring. I may not find any of them but heck, I will have fun trying.
The hunt is most definitely fun! Happy hunting!!

Hannah's Dad

You mean "whale(s)"? :001_smile This Captain Ahab (btw, first time I've ever referred to myself by the name Ahab; not the best name for a Bible believer!:lol1:) is on the hunt for:

1. At least two Timeless razors:
-the Bronze SB
-either .68 OC or .95 SB

2. PAA SS Ascension DOC

3. Rockwell Model T

4. A pristine '47 Gillette Aristocrat
Melville’s Captain Ahab was a Quaker — and quite comfortable around the Bible! Happy hunting, Robert!

Top Bottom