What's new

What's you best drugstore AS or ASB?

I got a few drugstore products in the den.

Skin Bracer
Aqua Velva ice blue
Pinaud Clubman
Pinaud VIBR
Nivea sensitive balm
Gillette aftershave lotion
Gillette aftershave gel

Any difference in performance between the vintage and modern? Or is it primarily the scent strength. Just curious.
Welcome to one of the classic B&B controversies. Some say it's different, some say it's not. Some say Indian Old Spice smells like vintage, some say it doesn't. For my part, I like the Indian variety, but I'm not old enough, nor is my sense of smell acute enough, to make a determination.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sounds like I need to buy one! Found one on ebay.. AS and cologne 1990 set. It says it's a Shulton product in the description. Going for 39.99
You might get a better deal if you are patient. I love the vintage cologne even more than the aftershave! If it’s an unopened set of big bottles, that’s not too terrible I guess. I bought all mine years ago. I think it was cheaper then..... Shulton is the name you want to see.

Old Spice Classic, Aqua Velva Ice Blue and Skin Bracer. I would guess that the typical American man has at least one of these in their medicine cabinet.
Lol, I just started in to AS splashes and these are the only 3 I own because they were the first 3 I saw on the shelves in the local stores.

I think I prefer the Skin Bracer by a hair over the other two, but all are good. Nivea sensitive skin gets my vote for AS balm.

I'm trying really hard to resist placing an order with Fendrihan for a bottle of Clubman Pinaud, Captain's Choice Bay Rum, Ogallala Bay Rum Sandal wood, and a 1 KG block of Cella because I just ordered a razor last night, but with that order above I'd likely be set to shave for a couple years with what I already have at home...........how the hell did shaving ever become a hobby of mine? Must admit that if you'd asked me if this would come to pass a couple years ago I'd tell you that you were crazy.

I found a 100mL bottle of Gillette Cool Wave aftershave at Walmart. Luckily, I had a leftover gift card.
The scent is mossy, not very aquatic as the name might suggest. My nose said "this is like Adidas Pulse" but then I told my nose to shut up - noses don't talk - and paid. Dang cashier looked at me weird.

Aqua Velva Blue Ice is Mrs. Rookie's favorite. But I'm intrigued that some are finding bay rums available locally. I believe after April I'll have to go hunting around my neck of the woods.

Stetson Cooling Moisture. Rugged, spicy and light floral touch. $2.49 in my neck of the woods with excellent skin conditioning ingredients. All year, anytime.....

829A4EAE-4F28-479F-BA1A-272C52067CF2.jpeg

No offense to anyone here but every time I try to buy Old Spice, I sample it in the drug store and can't get by the stench. I just don't like it. Has anyone else ever had this experience?

Top Bottom