What's new

What's Wrong with This Picture??

IMG_2796.JPG

One reason routine cleaning is a very good idea. Things like this to not contribute to acquiring a good sight picture.

Beretta Nano.
Had the same thing happen to a S&W Shield a few years back. Beretta is sending a new sight gratis...warranty. Would have been sweet if they offered an upgrade to Trijicon sights. No such luck🙁

Did the nail polish trick when this happened on the S&W. Stayed put until after a few cleanings. I'll probably conduct some experiments with these sights after the new ones arrive.

That reminds me of a brand new Colt 1911 Gov't Railgun I bought a 6-8 years back. I always wanted an original GI 1911 but could never seem to find one that didn't cost both arms and a leg. So I was in the local gun store looking at new 1911's and picked this gun, everything looked fine and I liked the gun so I had them do the paperwork. The guy goes into the back room and gets everything done and comes out with the gun in the case. Of course I never opened it up but I knew it was in there. I got home and opened the case up to eyeball my new gift to myself and low and behold the front site had the paint knocked out of it. I know the gun I handled was not missing. I knew this people from shooting trap which is why I gave them the business. The next time I was in the store I brought this up and they supposedly order a new site. I have yet to see it and I have not spent a dollar in their store since. I was going to get some nail polish and see if it would stick but never bothered as I can seem to shoot it fine.

About blacking out sites, I do it on my trap gun so my eyes aren't pulled to the white beads.

Did the nail polish trick when this happened on the S&W. Stayed put until after a few cleanings. I'll probably conduct some experiments with these sights after the new ones arrive.
I can save you a bit of time- Devcon 5 minute epoxy, with a dab of Testors Bright White enamel blended in will stay pretty much forever in a steel body. If you're keeping the plastic sight body, I'd drill it out a bit to give the epoxy more to hold onto.

If you use the Testors to paint the inside of the dot cavity, you can make decent night sights with the Devcon and a healthy pinch of one of these: luminous powder. Hit it with UV light at dusk, and you're good 'til morning.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I can save you a bit of time- Devcon 5 minute epoxy, with a dab of Testors Bright White enamel blended in will stay pretty much forever in a steel body. If you're keeping the plastic sight body, I'd drill it out a bit to give the epoxy more to hold onto.

If you use the Testors to paint the inside of the dot cavity, you can make decent night sights with the Devcon and a healthy pinch of one of these: luminous powder. Hit it with UV light at dusk, and you're good 'til morning.

Got an ounce of this powder in white, Rob, thanks!

Seems to work very well. Have noticed classic revolvers really seem to benefit from a touch of white nail polish, going to add this.

Been shooting a lot at an indoor range with semi-poor lighting... Can't add tritium sights to many of my favorites.

AA

Got an ounce of this powder in white, Rob, thanks!

Seems to work very well. Have noticed classic revolvers really seem to benefit from a touch of white nail polish, going to add this.

Been shooting a lot at an indoor range with semi-poor lighting... Can't add tritium sights to many of my favorites.

AA
I first tried it with a Sig P250 that had the funky proprietary sights. The fellow I made them for says they're still going strong.

Top Bottom