What's new

What’s with Creed Aventus?

It's just having its time in the limelight, that's all. Sure, it's gonna be commonly worn (out) and cloned, and eventually it'll go down in fragrance history as another fly by night for Creed. Lots better out there, sure, but it is what it is. It honestly does get the attention from ladies

At some point in time in the future, it'll be resurrected again, most likely; when the old becomes new

Aventus is a really great scent. The problem is that there are some very, very good dupes of it that kinda take away my willingness to pay several hundred dollars for the original. I have tried the original and compared it side by side with some dupes. The original is slightly better but certainly not several hundred dollars better. Pre COVID, when we were heading into the office on a regular basis I would wear one of these dupes on a almost daily basis. It's not offensive, not common like department store colognes (so I don't smell like everyone else) and generally very well liked by most.

It's become like that overplayed song on classic rock radio stations: "Oh no, not this again!" The Stairway to Heaven or Hotel California of fragrance.
Well-said! That happens with a lot of fragrances, many that I liked better than Aventus. I would say that Aramis, Aqua de Gio, Le Man, and maybe Grey Flannel, come to mind. Maybe English Leather. I am actually not out and around enough to know whether Aventus is in that group yet. And I have recently decided that it has been long enough for Aramis to start wearing it again. And, I personally probably completely stopped wearing Grey Flannel, although I hesitated.

It honestly does get the attention from ladies

I do think that has been true for Aventus right from the get go. It is a pretty amazing thing. My wife really likes it.

At some point in time in the future, it'll be resurrected again, most likely; when the old becomes new

My guess is that Aventus is Creed's biggest selling scent by a big margin right now. I bet it is a long darn way from having to be resurrected.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I used Adventus edp today. I know that for many this is the “thing” but I just don’t get it.
It is a pleasant scent but not a go to for me. There are a number of fragrances that I reach for before before Adventus.

Well-said! That happens with a lot of fragrances, many that I liked better than Aventus. I would say that Aramis, Aqua de Gio, Le Man, and maybe Grey Flannel, come to mind. Maybe English Leather. I am actually not out and around enough to know whether Aventus is in that group yet. And I have recently decided that it has been long enough for Aramis to start wearing it again. And, I personally probably completely stopped wearing Grey Flannel, although I hesitated.

I do think that has been true for Aventus right from the get go. It is a pretty amazing thing. My wife really likes it.

My guess is that Aventus is Creed's biggest selling scent by a big margin right now. I bet it is a long darn way from having to be resurrected.

If you're wearing Aventus and close enough for a woman to detect it, good chance they'll say something lol Some have even gone as far as to say it's because it "smells like money"; I can see how the smoky pineapple gives that impression. But yes, the female attention thing is legitimate, apparently. Even wearing a clone (Executive Man) elicits the same.

And for sure, I'm talking many years down the line; the popularity of Aventus will remain pretty strong for a while. Then it'll drown out a bit, become relegated to 'pretty good, but not great', then years later, it'll be 'rediscovered' and hyped all over again as an oldie but goodie. That's just my hairbrained projection for the future :001_tongu

I’ve tried Aventus and have a clone that goes unused. The scent is ok but I’m not a big fan. I’ve tried a number of Creed scents and am underwhelmed in general. Creed is definitely well liked I’m in the monitory.

Over the holidays I blind tested the large creed sampler pack ( and various other samples from this community eg stirling etc ) on my wife. Interestingly Aventus Cologne ( the new one ) and Aventus came out on top. There were a few in there that elicited a quite negative reaction ( e.g. what did you put on I am hiding that sample ).

Somewhat weirdly GIT elicited a negative reaction on my skin but elicited a positive reaction once it rubbed on our 1 yr son ? I would not say she was familiar with any of these scents before, so this was truly blind and unbiased.

I would not really say executive man is really Aventus to be honest.

If you're wearing Aventus and close enough for a woman to detect it, good chance they'll say something lol Some have even gone as far as to say it's because it "smells like money"; I can see how the smoky pineapple gives that impression. But yes, the female attention thing is legitimate, apparently. Even wearing a clone (Executive Man) elicits the same.

And for sure, I'm talking many years down the line; the popularity of Aventus will remain pretty strong for a while. Then it'll drown out a bit, become relegated to 'pretty good, but not great', then years later, it'll be 'rediscovered' and hyped all over again as an oldie but goodie. That's just my hairbrained projection for the future :001_tongu
I wear it. And women do love it. Will it run its course,probably but until then I'll just ride the wave.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I am genuinely pleased that other like it and some get great comments on the smell. I will wear Aventus tomorrow and see how many positive comments I able to get.

There’s a Youtube fraghead - a woman, CurlyScents - that says Aventus is a boxer dropper, not a panty dropper. Lol. I find that funny and curious. I think she’s implying that Aventus is past “IT” status and that other scents have seized the mantel. I wouldn’t know.

what I do know is that I was blown away the first time I smelled it (a clone first, then the real) because it seemed so different to me. id not worn frags for at least 30 years at that point, and was getting back into it, so it seemed really new and impressive. By the time I finished my sample of Executive Man I’d moved on to other styles, but still anticipated using my Platinum sample when I wanted to show off. Two years later I can’t stand the stuff. I have a real aversion to it. At times i still appreciate the scent, but mostly not. It almost feels gimmicky now. And the fact that dozens of clones are out there, it loses its cache IMO. It’s no longer special. Iconic yes, but it’s gone pop culture. Which would be fine if the smell of it didn’t nauseate me now.

There’s a Youtube fraghead - a woman, CurlyScents - that says Aventus is a boxer dropper, not a panty dropper. Lol. I find that funny and curious. I think she’s implying that Aventus is past “IT” status and that other scents have seized the mantel. I wouldn’t know.

She is implying that the vast majority of positive comments and questions about the fragrance by strangers come from other dudes.

Last edited:
Yes, I know she’s saying dudes dig Aventus more than chicks. My point a that she said this recently, not in 2012. Back then she might have dropped her drawers at the mere mention of Aventus. I’m sure she’s known a lot of women that love Aventus. But now she’s saying it’s become more of a guy thing.

The one I routinely get comments on is L'eau d'Issey, I've only had one comment about Aventus and that was from my wife.

I found a bottle of Creed Aventus at my local TJ Maxx red tagged for $150. I sprayed myself just once on the forearm to test out the scent on me. I did not like it; it smelled too artificial and chemically on me. This is odd, since I really like how one of the Aventus clones, English Laundry Londin, smells.

That said, Aventus is powerful stuff. It has great sillage and lasts a long time! The clone I like fades and is pretty much gone after 4 hours. The little bit of Aventus I sprayed was still sending its scent up to my nose a good 12 hours later.

If Aventus worked with my skin chemistry, I would've picked up that bottle. Unfortunately, I put it back; maybe someone else will find it and love it.

It's unfortunate that we have to worry about batch variations from a company of Creed's stature and illustrious history. I mean, I'd hate to end up with the batch of Aventus that Nero wore while Rome burned rather than the batch that Jesus wore while delivering the Sermon on the Mount.

It's unfortunate that we have to worry about batch variations from a company of Creed's stature and illustrious history. I mean, I'd hate to end up with the batch of Aventus that Nero wore while Rome burned rather than the batch that Jesus wore while delivering the Sermon on the Mount.
I think Nero was a Bois du Portugal man IIRC.

Aventus is a great scent but it is definitely overpriced. I think it has built up this mythical reputation because at the time of its release nothing was like it and Youtube videos hype it up to huge levels. I get by fine with CDNIM however if you love the scent and like wearing it, than it is always worth the money for actual Aventus.

Top Bottom