What's new

What’s Up With Maseto?

Their inventory has dwindled on eBay and it doesn’t seem like a 30mm silvertip is available. Are they on their way out of business?

Yep, all the 30mm silvertips are gone.

Initially, their front page message was different and talked about selling their brushes at a discount as compared to comparable brushes with the same type badger hair.

Have you tried contacting the seller?

marty

Thanks Marty. I haven’t tried to since I have two of the Silvertips. If I were going to get another it would be the two band and they seem to still be available. But sad to see if this is their swan song.

I’m looking at a Chubby 3, in best. If memory serves you own some and I’ve read the reviews that largely compare them equally. But a lot of those reviews seemed to reflect the glow of a new toy. Having owned each over the long term, what do you think as between the two?

Maseto are nice brushes, and their 30mm brushes are great but density wise, they have nothing that compares to the Chubby 3.

Knots are similar in size but the C3 wins in density.

marty

More and more people on the dutch shaving forum are having problems with their maseto brushes, lots of hair loss :001_huh:

Interesting. Knot on my Maseto fell out after the second time through my rotation (less than two months after I bought it). Pretty clear from the dried residual glue that there wasn't much in the way of quality control on this part of the assembly process.

Anyway, glued it back with out incident and so far so good.

Can happen. I had the same thing twice with a Sapponificio Varesino brush, dropped out after respectively one and three uses (got my money back or could choose to have another one instead).

Top Bottom