What's new

What's up with classicshaving.com

The same customer service you’ve received so far is the best you’ll get if you have issues once you receive your order. any issues you have with the merch will be attributed to you and your only viable recourse will be through PP/CC cancellation/disputes if history is an indicator.

I hope you get a decent product that doesn’t need a return/refund

Fingers crossed. Incidentally the only stuff I've ordered from them are their occam razors which are excellent shavers. They responded to me via PayPal stating their crew manning the emails was out sick for 10 days hence the delay.

My package forwarder delivered the package to me today, a 100 dollars worth of shipping and custom fees later. Anxiously opened it to find everything as it should be. End of episode.

The Rearden brush must weigh a ton and has sharp unfinished edges. While I was careful with the razors, the brush handle edges gave me some paper cuts as I held it ! While a bit crude in its finish - its looks cool for the money I paid. I may have to polish the edges of the handle to prevent any more mishaps while using it.

The honed edges will need to be tested to see how good they are. I believe that must have taken the longest time for the order to be fulfilled.

The free strops, one with each razor, is faux leather with a suede/felt kind of material back side. its intriguing, and I am curious if this strop can be used seriously to strop a razor on ?

20220622_185600.jpg

Last edited:
My package forwarder delivered the package to me today, a 100 dollars worth of shipping and custom fees later. Anxiously opened it to find everything as it should be. End of episode.

The Rearden brush must weigh a ton and has sharp unfinished edges. While I was careful with the razors, the brush handle edges gave me some paper cuts as I held it ! While a bit crude in its finish - its looks cool for the money I paid. I may have to polish the edges of the handle to prevent any more mishaps while using it.

The honed edges will need to be tested to see how good they are. I believe that must have taken the longest time for the order to be fulfilled.

The free strops, one with each razor, is faux leather with a suede/felt kind of material back side. its intriguing, and I am curious if this strop can be used seriously to strop a razor on ?

View attachment 1476281
Nice!

I think you have the best razors Dovo makes these days.

Faux leather strops? From a dealer that sells straight razors? Says something about what he knows. Don't bother with them.

Happy to see all is well.

Enjoy them.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!

Maybe good for pastes if you’re into those?

Nice!

I think you have the best razors Dovo makes these days.

Faux leather strops? From a dealer that sells straight razors? Says something about what he knows. Don't bother with them.

Happy to see all is well.

Enjoy them.

Thank you. I did a lot of reading here at B&B and decided on these models then went looking who sells them at a reasonable price, when I saw this deal on CS.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
PU leather strops can be used and they work well. They will not feel or sound the same as natural leather and they may damage easier but they will do their job.

If you must paste them (I wouldn't), paste the the felt-like side.

PU leather strops can be used and they work well. They will not feel or sound the same as natural leather and they may damage easier but they will do their job.

If you must paste them (I wouldn't), paste the the felt-like side.
I will give it a try. Its only stropping ! What can go wrong ;)

Thankfully I am beyond the strop cutting days of mine on the Poor Man's strop. I am able to get a clean 12 hour shave all over. Its took me some time to get there. I have nearly some 25 shaves under my belt and progressing. I have now figured out how to make decent edges on gold dollar and ebay razors. So I am getting there :)

As a working man who always needs a nice bbs shave early morning, the SR shave is a slow time consuming ritual, one I do not want to rush for safety obviously, but more so as I enjoy the SR shaving ritual.

I have switched to shaving around 8 pm and by the time I am in office next morning, patches of stubble appear. This is the only dilemma in taking up SR shaving full time and abandoning everything else. Will see how it goes.

@luv2shave, have you reach the stage in your SR journey where you wished that you had started this in your teens? If not, you will get there soon.

I agree. None the less, even if late, I am glad to have arrived. I eagerly look forward to my evening shave every single day - even if the start of the day isn't as squeeky clean bbs as I would like to. Just a matter of time.

Muscle memory has upped my confidence and made the ritual much less stressful, more enjoyable. The initial investment of time in learning to strop and now learning to hone had its own steep learning curve which caused quite a bit of frustration. But it paid off handsomely now. This why I have now opened my purse strings to pursue some premium equipment.

I am glad I started off frugal to avoid the heartburn of ruining something expensive. I do feel a strong regret that I had started the journey in my teens. However, I've read the account of @Slash McCoy in one of his posts on how he started without the internet and a warped dovo and no credible stones. B&B, Youtube and my package forwarder have made the planetary alignment more favorable for SR shaving today !

Top Bottom