What's new

What's this?

Can you guys help me out identifying this? I get a little confused in this era. I thought that generally razors with a little curve around the end of the comb teeth like this were all NEWs of one flavor or another, but then I saw a reference to a New Improved with this shape (but different handle). It got me wondering if the head and handle might have gotten switched. I know it's not a shiny beauty, but it's clean with no major dings. Just curious what I've got here and what it might be worth.

Thanks a bunch.

1930's Model 134 (NEW). Can't help you with value though. I spent $5 on mine and have been thoroughly enjoying the shave.

So, it is a NEW. Thanks guys. I notice the handle is a bit loose when screwing on the head. The threads seem to line up fine, but the handle wigles back and forth until you screw it up tight. Also, the flair at the end of the handle is just a hair too big to fit into the flattened off part under the threaded stem. Is this normal for a NEW or do I have a bit of an anomoly here?

Sorry for the Noob question, but it's my first NEW.

So, it is a NEW. Thanks guys. I notice the handle is a bit loose when screwing on the head. The threads seem to line up fine, but the handle wigles back and forth until you screw it up tight. Also, the flair at the end of the handle is just a hair too big to fit into the flattened off part under the threaded stem. Is this normal for a NEW or do I have a bit of an anomoly here?

Sorry for the Noob question, but it's my first NEW.

My old type has loose threads like that.

I don't have a NEW but does the flare look oval like it was dropped or mashed?

No, actually, with the exception of a little brassing on the teeth, it's in great shape. It's just like someone tapped the handle just a shade too big.

OMG! Okay, first I put my Bull Mastiff handle on it. Fits perfectly, so either the original slim handle was machined wrong originally or someone ran a bigger tap into it.

What an incredible shave! I thought my Müle R89 was good. This thing's magical. Smoothest, most comfortable shave I've ever had. Very fast beard reduction. I see what all the fuss is over these NEW heads. Now I'm worried about the finite supply of them. What if something happens to mine and I need to replace it? I've got to get one of these for my son when he's of shaving age. Should I hoard a bunch just in case? Good thing people's mileage varies or these things might be impossible to get. Why does no one recreate this?

That is the reason that I am stacking up om Brit. NEW's. I have one so far - and two on the way.

Regards.

Jakob

I saw one on eBay about a month ago. There was a bit of a premium on it, so I passed it up. Maybe I shouldn't have. I suspect it's in your den now. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom