What's new

What's the size of that brush?

I just received this brush as a gift from a friend of mine, but I couldn't believe how small it is! It's a super badger and according to a few website, it's full size is 10 cm, but there's no info on how big the knot is. My guess is around 18mm, but it might just as well be 16mm. How the hell am I supposed to use that small thing?

Here's a photo of it compared to my Yaqi Timber Wolf 26mm.

271810150_3165163060428968_3306028857758029873_n.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I love my Wee Scot at 68mm tall with a 13mm knot - it easily makes enough great lather for three passes. You will not be joining the Tiny Brush Owners Club (TBOC) with that oversized Truefitt and Hill monster. 😅

4.jpg

I love my Wee Scot at 68mm tall with a 13mm knot - it easily makes enough great lather for three passes. You will not be joining the Tiny Brush Owners Club (TBOC) with that oversized Truefitt and Hill monster. 😅

View attachment 1393269

Are you saying that people enjoy using even smaller brushes than mine?

They most certainly do. I would choose a Wee Scot over a Chubby 3, every single time. One is fantastic, nimble, precision, face lathering tool and the other is a comically sized clown brush; you can decide for yourself which is which 😂
I just had my first shave with this brush and it wasn't bad at all. I just had to re-lather a few times though. I started wet shaving with a 24 mm synthetic from Maggards and now i'm using mostly my Yaqi 26 mm Timber Wolf. I guess I can get used to lather with smaller brushes as well, but it would take some time for me to adapt.

For face lathering I prefer tiny brushes.

My lately acquired wee scott, simpson 55, case c1 are very impressive. On the other hand my Berkeley 46 Best is my favorite.

In Thater world my 4125/0 two band is another impressive brush.

Lathering precision is the key factor of my preference.

Omega 10051 is my favorite boar wich is also a small boar brush.

I am curious about chinese manfactures who are generaly borrowing heavily from western world, when they will (imitate) produce wee scott or thater 4125/0 type brushes ? :biggrin1:

Top Bottom