What's new

What's the significance of your avatar on B&B?

I'm not sure where to look for photos/cartoons that aren't copyrighted. None of my home photos seem to fit what I'm looking for, either. :001_unsur

Changed to the most important date in television history.

(The phrase comes from remembering Guy Fawkes, appropriated by V for Vendetta)

Mine is a young Eddie Haskell from the early days of Leave it to Beaver. To be perfectly honest, I have no recollection as to why I picked him or this picture of him. Although, I like the way it works with the allotted space. I've thought about switching but this is the avi people recognize for me so I keep it.

"That's a lovely avatar you have there..."

-Greg

Finally uploaded a decent pic for an avatar - photo shot of a mug I now use for soaking my shaving brushes. Has a Japanese helmet and katana, which I just think is cool.

This is how I looked after thru-hiking the 2185.9-mile Appalachian Trail this year. The glorious beard is sadly gone. I had to assimilate back into proper society.......

I chose my Avatar because it's a character(Charlie Kelly, played by the actor Charlie Day) from one of my favorite tv shows (It's always sunny in Philadelphia). Not much relation to shaving besides the fact that the dude never shaves and always has a full heavy beard! haha. Simply just for fun... :001_tongu

Mine is a photo I took of an old bore water pump. Don't remember why I started using it as my avatar, but it gets used for most of my avatars.

Doesn't really have any special significance. I just like the look of it.

Appears that I have never posted on this thread, so I will share my lackluster story. When I joined B&B I saw many different avatars, some which were recognizable characters, some where not. I did not want to accidentally duplicate someone else's avatar so I went looking through some old vacation photos for a suitable image to use. I found one photo of a roadside garden shop which had lots of plants. Off to one side was a concrete pot made into the shape of a face, with an ivy plant growing over the top. I thought it might be suitable, with the ivy representing head hair and the concrete representing how tough my skin should be in order to learn DE and straight razor shaving. So I took a tight crop of the pot and it became my avatar. I later realized it may be obscure looking or that it may be a cold and uninviting, neither of which was my intention, but after some time stuck with it for consistency.

The name is TSTemplar which is short for Traditional Shaving Templar. Once the name is understood the avatar is self explanatory.

Mine, if you can even see it, is a "support" ribbon for the cure of Huntington's Disease.

As a caregiver to my wife that suffers from this terrible disease, I use it as my avatar everywhere. Most people have never heard of Huntington's Disease. My hope is that they will see the avatar then Google it to see why they call it the devil of all diseases.

Mine, if you can even see it, is a "support" ribbon for the cure of Huntington's Disease.

As a caregiver to my wife that suffers from this terrible disease, I use it as my avatar everywhere. Most people have never heard of Huntington's Disease. My hope is that they will see the avatar then Google it to see why they call it the devil of all diseases.

I just Googled it and wanted you to know I'm sending prayers out to you and your wife. I have a family member that is afflicted with ALS and surprisingly most people aren't aware of what it is and what it does either. Again, God bless!

Mine says Five O'Clock and it has a shadow. Get it? The ol' 5 o'clock shadow? I thought it was a humous idea and I'm sad no one has once commented on it....

Top Bottom