What's new

What's the real story on Simpsons Chubby brushes and shedding?

All of the natural hair brushes (6 total) I’ve ever had have shed to some extent or other. I have three Simpson brushes all in best. One of the Simpson brushes just came today so I can’t really say about that one but the other ones haven’t shed hardly any. Maybe 3-4 hairs each

I recently got Chubby 1 first shave there was quite a bit of shedding 20ish hairs, second shave less shedding 10ish, third shave 1 hair and from there no more shedding...
I’ve had that happen with some of the brushes I have. Mainly from other brands

My CH3 in Super (my 4th Chubby and 5th Simpson) started with 20 then dropped to the teens then single digits. It’s still shedding over a year later. I’ve had 2 non-Simpson brushes that started with 20 plus but settled down and don’t shed anymore. I have never had a brush continue to shed 3-6 hairs every single shave over a year later like the CH3 in Super. A lot of people have never had issues with Simpsons shedding and well, I was once one of them too.

I have a few Simpsons brushes, but one is a shedder, a Chubby 2 in Best. I also have a Chubby 2 in Super and that thing kicks butt.

Top Bottom