What's new

What's the "Out of Left Field" product in your shave den?

So what's the "Out of Left Field" product in your shave den?
You know... that obscure, "under the radar", underrated, or not-too-talked about item that really surprises you with its performance?

For me it's the Anthony Logistics Shave Cream. It's super slick, and I love to add it to my soaps for some wicked super lathers.

Please share yours!

Lectric Shave aftershave splash.

I've only used it a couple of times. Yesterday, my face felt very moisturized all day long. It went on with little burn and it has a nice scent (think a stronger, muskier Lucky Tiger).

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I don't have any obscure products, let alone many products at all.

but I'd say Stetson Cooling Moisture AS is one that needs to be more in the spotlight. It has an awesome cooling effect and the scent sticks with you all day. I splashed some on about 9am before heading off to work, I went to bed around 10pm and I could still catch a whiff.

It is also Made In The USA!

I have 2 that I think fall into this category.

First up is Lait d'Annesse Bio Savon a Barbe. It is a shaving soap made with 25% *** milk. I can't pin down the scent but the lather is phenomenal and up there with MWF and MdC for me. I picked it up from Planete Rasoir in Paris

The other is Shea Moisture tea tree herbal bump preventer. It's a fantastic splash containing all sorts of good stuff to feed your skin after a shave and gives a lovely citrussy tingle. I put in on under my ASB. I was lucky enough to receive this in a PIF but will definitely rebuy when it is finished.

Actually, I have Anthony Logistics Shave Cream which I also love. So I guess that takes me to 3!

$300.JPG

Fruit of the Earth aloe vera gel. A little goes a long way and it can be mixed with or added to almost any AS product.

I use VO5 shampoo sometimes... Seriously it's 99 cents on amazon sometimes and it cleans my hair just as well.

But as far as shaving goes...

I have a Gillette fusion for those "I overslept and now I only have 5 minutes to shave" mornings. With my over zealous attitude about DEs I guess having a cartridge razor in my arsenal is kind of out of place.

The other is Shea Moisture tea tree herbal bump preventer. It's a fantastic splash containing all sorts of good stuff to feed your skin after a shave and gives a lovely citrussy tingle. I put in on under my ASB. I was lucky enough to receive this in a PIF but will definitely rebuy when it is finished.

I really like this product and I'm glad it is at Wal-Mart so I can get it whenever I run low.

I have a love/hate relationship with the brand as a whole. The shaving cream is gross and oily, while the shaving brush they make while being not very dense is a good badger brush.

+1... I really love this stuff. I used it even before I started wetshaving and it has always done wonders for my skin. My other would be Pyrate Cove Shaving Soap. This stuff gives me the greatest lather, smells great and overall, feels like good skin care.

+1... I really love this stuff. I used it even before I started wetshaving and it has always done wonders for my skin. My other would be Pyrate Cove Shaving Soap. This stuff gives me the greatest lather, smells great and overall, feels like good skin care.

+1 Pyrate Cove Bay Rhum... oh and it's dirt cheap :D

For me, it's unrefined shea butter. It does everything. It performs very well as a preshave, moisturizes as a post shave, and works well on feet, hands, irritiations, and blemishes. I found it on Amazon for relatively inexpensive.

Top Bottom