What's new

What's the old SE razor...

They could be called lather catchers, even the 1912, because it does catch the lather.
But the real razors that we think about when saying "lather catcher" are the ones pre-1912.:001_smile

I've heard someone call the 1914 a 'little lather catcher' or 'mini latcher catcher' because the base is curved a bit more than a 1912, slightly that is, in a way a proper latcher catcher is.
But the 1914 with the 'lift here' and no rear tab, is not a lather catcher,
like napolean and DunEdinRanger said the lather catchers have bigger heads and are older razors.

I've heard someone call the 1914 a 'little lather catcher' or 'mini latcher catcher' because the base is curved a bit more than a 1912, slightly that is, in a way a proper latcher catcher is.
like napolean and DunEdinRanger said the lather catchers have bigger heads and are older razors.

I'm wondering if the slightly curved hood is what made it feel much smoother for me than the other SEs I'd tried.

The 1914 has a "scoop" where the 1912 doesn't really have one.

Top Bottom