What's new

whats the most you've paid for a razor? (all types included se/de/straight etc)

I know people don't believe me, but the first razor I ever bought was an RS-10 with both base plates for $365. It was one of the last ones sold. Where Raw Shaving was closing, I figured this would be the lowest risk way to try a safety razor for the first time, so I pulled the trigger extra fast when I heard the news. I had been reading the forums here for months and drooling over the RS-10 even though I had never shaved with anything other than a cart or elect. My family declared the RS-10 an heirloom when they saw how much I got into wet shaving.

I recently bought another used one for about the same amount--a friend cut me a good deal on something really nice. I don't regret either of these two, and probably never will.

The ones I regret are all <$100. I don't do the same research at this price and sometimes get a little trigger happy. One of my favorites is in this price range though.

how many se blades does the broman take?
Ow and so far that single half blade used is easy to choose since it seems to like allmost all blades i inserted. It excels with sharper blades like Kai, feather, bic. Usually around half a de blade a 6 days shaving. Kai is the record holder with over 3 weeks for a half de.

Ow and so far that single half blade used is easy to choose since it seems to like allmost all blades i inserted. It excels with sharper blades like Kai, feather, bic. Usually around half a de blade a 6 days shaving. Kai is the record holder with over 3 weeks for a half de.
It looks good for £35 but no stock at the moment

Probably the $108 I spent on an Aristocrat a few years ago.
It's crazy how Wolfman prices have gone up. I bought a razor head from him in 2015 for 125 CAD, less than a hundred bucks US.

I'm not certain, but I think the most I ever spent on a razor was $225 US for an iKon SBS (the original one in solid CNC-milled brass).

I spent about $200 on an iKon S3S in stainless steel (worth every penny).

I was saving up money for the Janus Toggle, which was over $500, but didn't get in on the initial buy because I didn't like the red dots he put on the limited edition version. After it came out and I read shave reviews, I was really glad I didn't take the plunge.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Over the course of the pandemic I have made three splurge purchases at West Coast Shaving and do not regret it even a tad because I want them to do well. They were a little Kent Silvertip, some Martin de Candre Fougere, and a Feather AS-D2, all at retail. I love all three. They bring me joyful shaves.

Once upon a time I got a pristine 7-day set of Heljestrands with real tortoise shell scales. Again, don't remember the price but yes, I did "save" haha

A Merkur 23c over a decade ago cost around $28, IIRC.

Since then, I have bought several more, but they were all under $25. For example, Fatip Grande, SLOC, German 37, vintage Gillette Tech. I got lucky and won a Fatip Piccolo Mk1 in a PIF. I'm fairly happy with these. I might get a Fatip Open Comb Slant next year. Those run around $30-35.

Reactions: saj
I think this TI was the most expensive at around £300

IMG_20200617_111234.jpg

75 bucks. And it's the razor I use the least.

I won't say what it is, because they are a small company and I'm still glad I got to support them. They are good people. It's just not my cup of tea.

What colours do they come in?
Afaik silver only.

For me coming from a oneblade biggest advantage is the easy to get and availability of affordable blades.
Keep in mind it is a mild razor.
Head is wide a bit clunky under the nose. The cap is plastic and someone damaged one.
They do not clogg easily.
Will get a spare one if they are available again.

$50 for a Timeless Al scratch and dent. Great razor. All of my other vintage razors were found at garage or estate sales and antique stores.

Top Bottom