What's new

whats the most you've paid for a razor? (all types included se/de/straight etc)

Actually, I am a retired attorney.

A case I handled many years ago went through the entire litigation route. The trial, appeal to the Second Circuit Court of Appeal, en banc appeal to the Second Circuit, Cert. Denied by the U.S. Supreme Court, and back to the Federal District Court. In the interim and after the trial, I retired and moved several times. The firm I worked for merged several times and after the first merger, I lost contact with them.

Several years later, I did a search for unclaimed property and discovered my name. I filed my claim, gave them the appropriate info, and received a substantial amount. Instead of buying a new car or taking a vacation, I spent a little bit of it on a personal item for myself and my wife did the same. I jokingly told an attorney I mentor that the razor represents less than what his law firm charges for two hours of his services. When I see how much that razor sells for on eBay I look at it as an investment.

That's an awesome backstory to go with awesome razor. By your reference to the Second Circuit, I gather you practiced in my neck of the woods. I am in NYC. My practice is entirely in state court, however. Small firm.

I think my Wolfman WR2-DC is the most expensive.
It took quite a few steps from first contact to final purchase, and I remember that mor than the price.
Somewhere around the 400 euro mark?

Expensive, indeed.
But a joy to use.

That's an awesome backstory to go with awesome razor. By your reference to the Second Circuit, I gather you practiced in my neck of the woods. I am in NYC. My practice is entirely in state court, however. Small firm.

I was a labor law - employment attorney and practiced in the federal system. The case involved was the only time I did not represent a corporation.

I purchased a 1936 Gillette Aristocrat Importé D'Angleterre in near mint
condition for $200, by far the most I have ever paid for a razor. 💰💰💰
I usually shave with SR's but in this case it was love at first sight. 😍

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I purchased a 1936 Gillette Aristocrat Importé D'Angleterre in near mint
condition for $200, by far the most I have ever paid for a razor. 💰💰💰
I usually shave with SR's but in this case it was love at first sight. 😍
An understandable decision. Those First Gen Brits are the sexiest razors ever made.

I think I paid $35 for a Lady Gillette for my wife and around $30 for a Gillette Slim for my kids. I also paid $60 for my first professionally honed SR, but all others were under $20.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Suprisingly, the most I paid for a razor was 33 bucks on a Fatip OC Slant. I've gotten good deals on my Game Changer and Mamba for less. :) Even on my Aristocrat and Sheraton...

Don't quite remember the price (really, lol) for a full custom straight of my design by Robert Williams:
13/16 Faux frameback, quarter grind, thumb notch, longer monkey tail, hammer + notched tang, slightly shortened blade, with thick legal (fossil) ivory scales. I do remember the extensive process and wait to get it.

I just spent 30$ on a local straight razor I found on Craigslist. I sent it out. It polished and sharpened up real nice. Now just to get better at using the thing. Although spending money on all those cartridges in the past was so much for just a years worth, but we are talking individual razors.

Top Bottom