What's new

What's the most overrated shaving cream?

That's not my experience with Speick cream at all, though. It only takes a small amount, like a couple of pencil erasers in size. It needs quite a bit of water added. Maybe you were using too much.
I think it was a bad batch. I certainly know how to use shaving cream. I can't imagine it would get so many good reviews if it were really that bad of a cream.

I like how some people's over-rated products are other people's favorites. I get great lather from face lathering most anything. If it can lather, it can be lathered with a brush. Most creams can be used brushless if you don't want a lather.

Thus thread shows that tastes and experiences differ, and all products are good for someone.
I was very surprised someone said they had trouble lathering Castle Forbes which I think is wonderful. Maybe part of the trouble is that people don't load enough cream. Water varies too .

IMNSHO, most over-rated is Cella. It's the only cream that's ever gone bad on me.
Most over-priced is AoS at their own stores. At Marshall's prices, it's not half bad.

in my experience, TOBS. i bought a tube of sandalwood and a 150ml tub of Grapefruit cream, and i find the performance lacking. it whips up nicely, but it doesnt even offer the same performance as proraso in my experience. i still go back to the grapefruit shave cream once in a while, but its never really that pleasant. love the scent tho, and my girlfriend has found use for it, so it still finds regular use.

After reading through fifteen pages of this thread, I discovered one thing:
Sara Varone. IMHO definitely NOT overrated...

Top Bottom