What's new

What's the Most Insane Shave Purchase You've Made While Intoxicated?

It was late on Saturday night. I'd been drinking...heavily. And browsing shaving websites. For the last few months I'd been struggling with SAD pretty good and I was looking for something unique. A one-of-a-kind.

It was then that I ran across a service that lets you design the scent of your own soap. Over 100 essential oils to choose from and you can pick whatever you want. Well, this absolutely spoke to me in my inebriated state.

$850 later and I think I have the most expensive soap and aftershave combo in history (yes, I purchased one soap and one aftershave and they totaled $850). If this doesn't end my SAD I don't know what will.

And, fwiw, I don't regret spending $850 on soap and aftershave. I look at it as a one-time extravagant expense to design something completely unique and just for me. It didn't hurt that the scent I was looking for isn't really offered by anyone at the moment.

Will I do it again? Very unlikely. But it was one of those things you do once just out of curiosity.

So, what's your most obscene shaving related purchase made while altered/pickled/hammered/drunk?

I hope you chose all 100 essential oils to get your money’s worth.:straight::clap:

But seriously, which oils did you choose?

It was late on Saturday night. I'd been drinking...heavily. And browsing shaving websites. For the last few months I'd been struggling with SAD pretty good and I was looking for something unique. A one-of-a-kind.

It was then that I ran across a service that lets you design the scent of your own soap. Over 100 essential oils to choose from and you can pick whatever you want. Well, this absolutely spoke to me in my inebriated state.

$850 later and I think I have the most expensive soap and aftershave combo in history (yes, I purchased one soap and one aftershave and they totaled $850). If this doesn't end my SAD I don't know what will.

And, fwiw, I don't regret spending $850 on soap and aftershave. I look at it as a one-time extravagant expense to design something completely unique and just for me. It didn't hurt that the scent I was looking for isn't really offered by anyone at the moment.

Will I do it again? Very unlikely. But it was one of those things you do once just out of curiosity.

So, what's your most obscene shaving related purchase made while altered/pickled/hammered/drunk?

YIKES!! I try not to purchase anything other than a ride home when I have been drinking.

The GREAT THING about this hobby is that this is such a bargain compared to purchasing another car, boat, high-end shotgun, bamboo fly rod, etc. :a29: :a29:

I hope you chose all 100 essential oils to get your money’s worth.:straight::clap:

But seriously, which oils did you choose?

The primary oil I chose is jasmine. There's something about that scent that I absolutely love. Unfortunately, most Jasmine fragrances are designed for women. I wanted to take jasmine and turn it into a masculine scent with some more traditionally masculine ingredients. That's where Rick comes in and helps me find masculine ingredients to blend with the jasmine in what will hopefully be a harmonious accord.

Edited to add: Rick is working on those blends right now and will send them to me for final approval. I wish I had the experience to blend them completely on my own but I'm just not there yet.

Last edited:
What does one do with fermented salami paste and how does it taste?
Great question! It’s like spicy umami. Like franks hot sauce, I’ve pretty much put that ish on everything to my families dismay at times.

I’ve tried it as a spread on a baguette. Very strong and delicious with a beer.

i use it as part of base of sauces or mixed it in with ingredients like burgers. its got a punch. Similar to how truffles accent the flavor to a dish. i made a bbq baste out of it when smoking my bbq amd added rosemary, not the usual SPOG sugar baste.

Great question! It’s like spicy umami. Like franks hot sauce, I’ve pretty much put that ish on everything to my families dismay at times.

I’ve tried it as a spread on a baguette. Very strong and delicious with a beer.

i use it as part of base of sauces or mixed it in with ingredients like burgers. its got a punch. Similar to how truffles accent the flavor to a dish. i made a bbq baste out of it when smoking my bbq amd added rosemary, not the usual SPOG sugar baste.

You've piqued my interest in something I had never previously heard of. Thanks for starting another addiction :thumbup:

Can’t recall any thing that would include shaving gear . I know I’ve agreed to things that sober I was sorry for. Getting back to you , I do have a bridge to sell if your interested.

Can’t recall any thing that would include shaving gear . I know I’ve agreed to things that sober I was sorry for. Getting back to you , I do have a bridge to sell if your interested.

I think we need to hear at least one of these stories lol.

That was a great story, I bet the scent will be a visual equivalent to the HOMER-MOBILE!

29586457-56C6-4B58-99C4-911206206CD1.jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
:lol: the edible salami shave soap sounds interesting!

(Ahem) I just got essential oils from the hippy grocery store, and oakmoss/treemoss from ebay.

Used these to educate my nose about individual notes, and create aftershave and boost soaps. In fact Williams with added oakmoss is one of my most-used soaps.

AA

Top Bottom