What's new

What's the Most Insane Shave Purchase You've Made While Intoxicated?

It was late on Saturday night. I'd been drinking...heavily. And browsing shaving websites. For the last few months I'd been struggling with SAD pretty good and I was looking for something unique. A one-of-a-kind.

It was then that I ran across a service that lets you design the scent of your own soap. Over 100 essential oils to choose from and you can pick whatever you want. Well, this absolutely spoke to me in my inebriated state.

$850 later and I think I have the most expensive soap and aftershave combo in history (yes, I purchased one soap and one aftershave and they totaled $850). If this doesn't end my SAD I don't know what will.

And, fwiw, I don't regret spending $850 on soap and aftershave. I look at it as a one-time extravagant expense to design something completely unique and just for me. It didn't hurt that the scent I was looking for isn't really offered by anyone at the moment.

Will I do it again? Very unlikely. But it was one of those things you do once just out of curiosity.

So, what's your most obscene shaving related purchase made while altered/pickled/hammered/drunk?

Last edited:
Fortunately, I'm never getting drunk enough to spend 850$ on soap... Or on anything for that matter.
What if you don't like the mix of oils you selected?
The most surprising part of your story is that you don't feel bad about it, being sober... Lol
Anyhow, wishing you to enjoy your (very) expensive soap!

Envoyé de mon SM-N950W en utilisant Tapatalk

It was then that I ran across a service that lets you design the scent of your own soap. Over 100 essential oils to choose from and you can pick whatever you want.

And, fwiw, I don't regret spending $850 on soap and aftershave. I look at it as a one-time extravagant expense to design something completely unique and just for me. It didn't hurt that the scent I was looking for isn't really offered by anyone at the moment.

Will I do it again? Very unlikely. But it was one of those things you do once just out of curiosity.

So, what's your most obscene shaving related purchase made while altered/pickled/hammered/drunk?

I would love to hear what you you chose, i was looking at that site not too long ago. I have some stuff from
AbdesSalaam Attar, a perfumer who does something similar, so I'll just drop this here Your custom perfume personalized by Perfumer AbdesSalaam Attar - https://naturalnicheperfume.com/your-custom-perfume/

My worst, but maybe best, purchase recently was a 7 pound orba of 'nduja. That's a lot of whatever that is! I am 1 pound or so down of it!

It was then that I ran across a service that lets you design the scent of your own soap. Over 100 essential oils to choose from and you can pick whatever you want. Well, this absolutely spoke to me in my inebriated state.
There’s a little brick and mortar store about 15-20 minutes away from my house that offers a very similar experience but at a much lower price. They have around 450-500 FO’s and EO’s to choose from including licensed FO’s from Creed, Polo, Tom Ford and others. While they don’t make custom scented soap they do offer other things like ASB, cologne/perfume base, shampoo and lotions that can be custom scented.
Fortunately all their FO’s and EO’s are on site so you don’t have to worry about not liking the scent combinations you come up with. You can keep mixing and matching until you come up with something that you like. A 5.2oz ASB runs about $20 and the same size cologne is about $50

It was late on Saturday night. I'd been drinking...heavily. And browsing shaving websites. For the last few months I'd been struggling with SAD pretty good and I was looking for something unique. A one-of-a-kind.

$850 later and I think I have the most expensive soap and aftershave combo in history (yes, I purchased one soap and one aftershave and they totaled $850). If this doesn't end my SAD I don't know what will.

I LOVE THIS. It's something I might do. But thank God I didn't.

Fortunately, I'm never getting drunk enough to spend 850$ on soap... Or on anything for that matter.
The most surprising part of your story is that you don't feel bad about it, being sober... Lol
Anyhow, wishing you to enjoy your (very) expensive soap!

This service speaks with the customer over the phone to get an idea of what you're looking for and then sends out samples to allow the customer to select the final blend. There is no way I could blend a good scent on my own without a little guidance.

As far as feeling bad, I've probably spent more than that on the soaps I already have than what this one cost. If it gets me to slow down my purchases (which I think it will) that will be a good thing. Plus how cool would it be to have a one-off shave soap that you designed (or helped design) on your own? :thumbup:

I do have to say that this isn't something I'll be doing often though. Kind of a one time thing out of curiosity.

Envoyé de mon SM-N950W en utilisant Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]
I would love to hear what you you chose, i was looking at that site not too long ago. I have some stuff from
AbdesSalaam Attar, a perfumer who does something similar, so I'll just drop this here Your custom perfume personalized by Perfumer AbdesSalaam Attar - https://naturalnicheperfume.com/your-custom-perfume/

My worst, but maybe best, purchase recently was a 7 pound orba of 'nduja. That's a lot of whatever that is! I am 1 pound or so down of it!

I will report back once I receive it. I will say that the main oil I chose is one that is not topically used in men's scents but my goal is to turn it into a masculine scent with other complimentary notes. We'll see how that goes though. I have no idea what to expect regarding the samples.

Was it sebum? Please report back when you get said soap and AS.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. The customer service was great and Rick walked me through the process and helped me come up with a few ideas about what to blend with the primary scent I chose.

I think someone who has a better understanding of blending scent oils would have an easier, quicker time than I did. Regardless, Rick was patient with me and suggested a few things based on the description of what I was looking for. Excited to get the samples and see what I come up with.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
$850 was less than I spent every month on drinking. It cost me my car, driving license, job, marriage, kids, liberty, dignity, and self respect. I quit four years ago and only now do I have those things back and a lot more besides. Life has never been better, my hands finally do not shake and I can use a proper razor. Shaving is a very inexpensive hobby, it could never cost me as much as drinking. 👍

Can't really say. I have never drinked a drop of alcohol in my 26 years of life.

I genuinely hope that the soap and afteshave is the best you've ever used, considering the price. 😆

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I am married to a wife who can make soap, she will make any shaving soap for me.
This must be my most expensive and luxurious investment, and I am sober at the moment of the proposal.

$850 was less than I spent every month on drinking. It cost me my car, driving license, job, marriage, kids, liberty, dignity, and self respect. I quit four years ago and only now do I have those things back and a lot more besides. Life has never been better, my hands finally do not shake and I can use a proper razor. Shaving is a very inexpensive hobby, it could never cost me as much as drinking. 👍

Congrats on stopping and the wonderful changes it made in your life. I had a family member who struggled with alcohol her entire life and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Top Bottom