What's new

What's the difference between these Proraso creams?

Are these the same products? I've always wondered this, but never found an answer.

Which one is Proraso "Green Tube" cream? Or are they both the same product with a different package?

proxy.php
proxy.php

And are these different products? Or are they both pre/post cream with a different package?

proxy.php
proxy.php

The dark green jar on the left says "crema pre & dopo barba." The one on the right says "crema pre barba."

Thanks,
K.T.

Last edited:
Very curious about the bottom picture - I have the product to the right of the bottom picture and to be honest - I am not impressed. I think I ended up with something different as a lot of people speak highly of the pre-post

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
On the left you have the old packaging, on the right the new one.
This is the sole difference: the products in the pics are exactly the same.

Very curious about the bottom picture - I have the product to the right of the bottom picture and to be honest - I am not impressed. I think I ended up with something different as a lot of people speak highly of the pre-post

I use the pre-post but I only use it post-shave. I prefer the Aloe and Tea version (the white jar); you may want to give that one a try.

If I'm not mistaken, at one point the Proraso SC that came in the solid green tube contained Lanolin.

On the right is the new packaging with markings, ingredient lists and disclosures to conform to EU regulations. The product is the same, AFAIK.

Thanks, everyone. That clears things up a lot.

The packaging of the pre/post is confusing.

I've seen the new packaging that says only "crema pre barba" on the label. No mention of "dopo". It indicates pre shave, but not post.

All of photos of the old packaging I've seen says "crema pre & dopo barba," which indicates both pre and post shave.

To confuse things, I've also seen other new packaging with "crema pre & dopo barba" on the label.

You can understand why one would think it's a different product. The jar that I have say just "pre" on the Italian section and has an English translation of "pre shaving cream," no mention of dopo/post. I use it exclusively after shaving and wasn't sure if I got the wrong thing.

Best,
K.T.

Last edited:

I've only been able to get the one with that packaging, and think the opposite. Not really that useful as a pre shave, but one of the best after shave creams there is, IMO.

I believe that was the solid RED tube that contained lanolin.

Are you thinking of Wheat Germ Oil for the Red? I believe the Red was discontinued before the Green's packaging was updated - maybe they both contained Lanolin. I know that Omega (made by Proraso) used to contain Lanolin and the Proraso foam in green can also used to contain Lanolin and I'm 99% sure when I picked up an old green tube in a store that it also said Lanolin.

Are you thinking of Wheat Germ Oil for the Red? I believe the Red was discontinued before the Green's packaging was updated - maybe they both contained Lanolin. I know that Omega (made by Proraso) used to contain Lanolin and the Proraso foam in green can also used to contain Lanolin and I'm 99% sure when I picked up an old green tube in a store that it also said Lanolin.

Yes, the discontinued Proraso Red had lanolin as well as the wheat germ oil. I like it better than the original green. :001_wub: The Red has quite a following, but apparently didn't sell well enough to stay in production. Too bad, really.

-- John Gehman

I was astounded by how big my bottle of proraso SC was when it came in! I can tell it is going to last a long time

Top Bottom