What's new

What's the deal with SE Razors?

I have a Gem 1920, a featherlight and a micromatic. I can't come near the shave I get with them with anything except a str8. But I keep using DEs during the work week just cause. On my days off I have flipped a coin to decide Gem or str8.

No. It's because I don't have the time to doddle around and enjoy myself on work days. It takes a little more care to use a Gem or a str8. I only have 12 DEs, 4 str8s and 3 Gems. The Gems and the Str8s belonged to swmbo's dad. It,s not a matter of greed or hoarding it.s only about the time available.

No. It's because I don't have the time to doddle around and enjoy myself on work days. It takes a little more care to use a Gem or a str8. I only have 12 DEs, 4 str8s and 3 Gems. The Gems and the Str8s belonged to swmbo's dad. It,s not a matter of greed or hoarding it.s only about the time available.

No one said anything about greed or hoarding. I find (with myself and others) that I'm more inclined to collect the vintage Gillette DE's because I find them aesthetically nice. I can't honestly say that I find the Gems very attractive, but, as you say, the shave I get with them is hard to beat.

No offense intended.

- Chris

No one said anything about greed or hoarding. I find (with myself and others) that I'm more inclined to collect the vintage Gillette DE's because I find them aesthetically nice. I can't honestly say that I find the Gems very attractive, but, as you say, the shave I get with them is hard to beat.

No offense intended.

- Chris
I find the opposite.A nice Lather Catcher makes most D/Es look like potato peelers in comparison.:lol::lol:

I find the opposite.A nice Lather Catcher makes most D/Es look like potato peelers in comparison.:lol::lol:

Good point. I have a Kampfe Brothers Star lather catcher, but I haven't shaved with it. I almost hate to get soap scum on it.

- Chris

Top Bottom