What's new

What's the big deal?

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Just had our third In-N-Out Burger open up here in lovely Colorado. Peeps waited over 14 hours, I repeat FOURTEEN hours when the first one opened. Traffic was impacted by the newest addition. I ate their food last time I was in LA and it was... fine? But it was still a bloody fast food burger and fries. Someone splain to me why in the world 🌎 this restaurant is so amazing. I can make a burger fit for the Gods in a tenth of the time in my own kitchen. Doubt me? Let me know when you're visiting.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Just had our third In-N-Out Burger open up here in lovely Colorado. Peeps waited over 14 hours, I repeat FOURTEEN hours when the first one opened. Traffic was impacted by the newest addition. I ate their food last time I was in LA and it was... fine? But it was still a bloody fast food burger and fries. Someone splain to me why in the world 🌎 this restaurant is so amazing. I can make a burger fit for the Gods in a tenth of the time in my own kitchen. Doubt me? Let me know when you're visiting.
Did you get it animal style (burger and fries)?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Nope. I was not armed with this knowledge prior to my visit. Is it worth half a day of my life?
Whether it's worth it or not I can't say. I would agree with your assessment that their normal cheeseburger is good-not-great.

What In N Out is best known for is their not-so-secret secret menu:

My favorite: 2x3 animal style mustard grilled with extra spread
Fries animal style extra spread

If I were only to have one more meal on this green earth, that would be it.

In two words, consistent quality. Good, fresh, high-quality food that is the same every single time you order. Excellent and friendly service that is the same every single time even across time and different locations. Impeccably clean restaurants that are always spotless and in good condition every single time. Correct orders every single time (in my experience). The food is good and arguably great, but you're right; it's still just a burger and fries. The business as a whole is the product and it's why they have such a fervent following, in my opinion.

Reminds me of getting a burger at the drugstore cafe when I was a kid. Everything's fresh, a nice lady cooks it for you the way you want. So, nothing revolutionary, kind of a blast from the past.

I like a good burger, but I’m not waiting 14 hours. Kansas City is scheduled to be getting a few, so I’ll try it after the initial craze has passed.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
It would probably take 14 hours to drive from Colorado to L.A. to go to an In-n-Out without the lineup, so it's a trade off. When I was a kid, my dad drove three days straight to take us to Disneyland, but folks in L.A. wouldn't do that.

Proximity ... novelty ... these sorts of things affect how much time folk are willing to invest in a particular enjoyment.

My favorite burger joint. And being on a low carb diet, the 3x3 and light lemonade hits the spot!

Always clean, super nice employees, even when busy they crank things out. Hint: I just go when I know the lines are short.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Culver's. Had my first Culver's experience in Wisconsin close to twenty years ago. When they slowly started coming to Michigan, well.... I didn't wait more than 10 minutes, but by then they'd been open awhile!

There ain't hardly any burger I'd wait more than 1/2 an hour for, and I love burgers.

But my wife is a phenomenal cook. I might make burgers better than she does. She says she prefers mine. Lol, it may be because she ain't gotta cook it!

But lately, thanks to the Covid, we've been better planners, and tend to eat before we do any errands, and time our errands around getting home in time to get the roast out of the oven!

I've saved so much money this year from avoiding restaurant food that I can afford Arko for a year doggone!

It’s a good honest burger. Not much on the menu but they are good at what they do. I wouldn’t wait 14 hours though. I like old school burger and steak joints. Holes in the wall, mom and pop places. In and out is sort of that style as a chain.

Saturday I went fishing and when we were about to leave my buddy said he was thinking of stopping for a burger. He did a quick search and 2 miles away was Bobs Giant Burgers. Hole in the wall. Owner has or helps in a horse rescue? anyway, good people we ordered a double giant burger. It hit the spot. as much as I like In and Out Burger. Mom and pop places are sometimes real gems.

2802C530-8600-4CAB-81AD-AB60A5B06F91.jpeg

Top Bottom