What's new

What's the best way to open a tuck of blades?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
OK... I read every post in this thread. I'm very disappointed no one suggested using a hair dryer on High to soften the glue on the flaps. It sure works for softening the glue so you can remove annoying labels they add to most every product under the sun.

Heating them up might ever melt those wax tabs. <eg>

OK... I read every post in this thread. I'm very disappointed no one suggested using a hair dryer on High to soften the glue on the flaps. It sure works for softening the glue so you can remove annoying labels they add to most every product under the sun.

Heating them up might ever melt those wax tabs. <eg>
Holy mackerel! Such finesse. Makes me feel like a neanderthal.

The James Bond? 🤪

Why didn’t the bad guys just shoot Bond in the head immediately after capture, anyways?

Nooooo… they need to tell him all about their evil plans then leave him all alone to die in some ridiculously inefficient device that he always gets out of. Morons.

But I digress…
“No Mr. Bond…I expect you to die.”

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
My buck makes quick work of the plastic wrapping.

20220504_131232.jpg

~doug~

Maybe it's a dumb question, but is there a "right" way to open a tuck? If I tear the box open starting from the slit on the back, the tab that's left doesn't always fit back in properly. Now all the blades can slide out into a jumbled mess in my ziplock bag of blades. With Voskhod's in the bottom picture that tab comes right off so you can't seal the box at all.

I've found that bending the box back from the slit and tearing through the thickness works pretty well, as shown in the top box and the closeup.

Anybody have another way to do it?

View attachment 1367124 View attachment 1367125
You’re right. It is a dumb question

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
When I unbox the blades, I put them into a couple of small metal boxes that I decorate myself.

The metal box is just about the same size as the blade, I used a little crafting skills to create the blade pattern on the surface.
I don't take apart too many blades at once, so this way is neat for me.
IMG_20230514_003547.jpg

Top Bottom