What's new

What's the best SE blade available?

I much prefer the carbon steel Blue Star, Treet and CVS blades over the stainless steel blades. Try each kind and then you can decide for yourself which is best.

Well...

For three years I only used the Ted Pella Stainless Steel coated blades, as almost everyone on B&B liked them the best and said they lasted the longest....

Then this past week I started using Treet Carbon blades (Found at Rite Aid locally), thanks to Hoosiertrooper, and I was blown away by the difference. The Stainless Pella blades feel like hardware blades compared to these carbon ones.. I don't think I will every go back and may have to PIF my Pella's.
I used two Indentical Open Comb Micromatics yesterday (both the gold plated ones) and did one side of my face with the SS Pella blades and the other side with the Treet Carbon blades I can get in my town. The difference was staggering, not only were the Carbon ones sharper to me but they also cut through my effortlessly, especially on the third ATG pass. I actually received a few weepers on my neck from the Stainless side..

Like everyone says, blades are a personal preference, but IMO the Treet blades are superior than the commonly recommended Ted Pella SS blades.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Outside of ordering online, anyone know where I can pick up some of those Treets here in the Toronto area? Right now I'm using the GEM PTFEs (like most) but need to see what the carbons are all about.

Well...

For three years I only used the Ted Pella Stainless Steel coated blades, as almost everyone on B&B liked them the best and said they lasted the longest....

Then this past week I started using Treet Carbon blades (Found at Rite Aid locally), thanks to Hoosiertrooper, and I was blown away by the difference. The Stainless Pella blades feel like hardware blades compared to these carbon ones.. I don't think I will every go back and may have to PIF my Pella's.
I used two Indentical Open Comb Micromatics yesterday (both the gold plated ones) and did one side of my face with the SS Pella blades and the other side with the Treet Carbon blades I can get in my town. The difference was staggering, not only were the Carbon ones sharper to me but they also cut through my effortlessly, especially on the third ATG pass. I actually received a few weepers on my neck from the Stainless side..

Like everyone says, blades are a personal preference, but IMO the Treet blades are superior than the commonly recommended Ted Pella SS blades.

Maybe one of our vendors should stock these blades! I am willing to try them!

Don't buy carbon SE blades off Amazon ... the ones I got were rusty. (I've been using PTFE blades from buying group & Ted Pella.)

I hate to go local, like Rite-Aid, to overpay for some blades, but y'all got my curiosity up ... if I like 'em, I'll buy more online from Trusted Dealer!

I hate to go local, like Rite-Aid, to overpay for some blades, but y'all got my curiosity up ... if I like 'em, I'll buy more online from Trusted Dealer!

CVS brand SE blades are under $4 for the 10 blade vault, and I can also get Treet and Gem Blue Star blades for about the same locally. I doubt you're going to find them cheaper online when you figure in shipping, plus I try to buy as much locally as I can so that hopefully they'll keep stocking them.

Outside of ordering online, anyone know where I can pick up some of those Treets here in the Toronto area? Right now I'm using the GEM PTFEs (like most) but need to see what the carbons are all about.

Call some of your local pharmacy and ask what they stock for SE razor blades (or what they can order for you). You will be surprised at what you hear

Call some of your local pharmacy and ask what they stock for SE razor blades (or what they can order for you). You will be surprised at what you hear
Yeah, things like "what's a single edge razor blade" :001_huh:, "we don't special order anything":glare: ,"they still make those" :letterk1:, I'll probably just get some off the net.

Yeah, things like "what's a single edge razor blade" :001_huh:, "we don't special order anything":glare: ,"they still make those" :letterk1:, I'll probably just get some off the net.

Any store that says "we don't order anything special" doesn't deserve your business anyways!

Did they really say that, or are you guessing? Considering the odd obscure slightly disturbing medical devices most pharmacies carry, I don't think they'd even blink if you asked about razor blades.

It was a guess, but most of the stores I have dealt with are less than helpful, rather than dealing with the hassles, not to mention better prices, I think ordering online would be the way to go (IMO).

Top Bottom