What's new

What's the best Schick injector razor?

Tried every E series, D, L and M. Favourite is rare E1 square spring which opens followed by M with twin blades. Here is an older pic with razor.
6B1DFFEE-BE71-4E08-8DDB-98D2400C88F5.jpeg

I have an E 2, G 1, I 2, J and finally an M adjustable. My opinion is that each is blade dependent. By that I mean that IMO the first two in my aforementioned list work better with "Chick" and Proline B-20 blades as a modern Personna blade imparts no smoothness in those razors for me. However, with the latter three a Personna works fine. As well, NOS injector blades seem to work fine in all, excepting the Schick blades made in Holland years ago which don't seem to be as smooth and have to be "tamed" in the later & milder razors.

I will add that I have done a SxS test using a Schick Proline B-20 and NOS Gillette Platinum Plus injector blades and would be hard pressed to state there was any difference. Both were simply superb for my handsome face. ;)

Hard to go wrong with any of them in my opinion. Of the ones I own, my favorite is the very rare Type F with a Proline B-20 blade. Second place is tied between my I-2 and Type M. I really like the type O clone and a twin blade, but the twins give me ingrown hairs unfortunately. The O clone doesn't work well unless you use the twins. Honorable mention to the Personna floating head with a twin, superb shaver. Might have to try without a twin eventually. I own a large assortment of injectors: Type E (not sure which E), F, G-1(x2), I-1, I-2 (x2), M-1, M-3, L-1, O clone (x3), Personna Floating Head (blue razor). I don't know what it is about the Type F, but I really enjoy shaving with it. The others are pretty close, and the M can give me a shave that feels fairly similar.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

This is an old thread, but I thought I would add my 2 cents. I have several vintage Schicks, including Es and Gs, but my current favorites are my two identical C-1s. They are heavy (weigh around 100g) and open comb. I bought them off the 'Bay and their gold finishes look nearly new. They both shave wonderfully, better than my other Schicks, which I like a lot also. Something about their heft. Now I'm on the lookout for a Schick B, which is hard to find.

My two best are the I-2 and the J-1. They stay in my rotation.

I have others that get very little use, including a G with an E-2 head.

Attachments

• IMG_0728.jpeg
    IMG_0728.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0727.jpeg
    IMG_0727.jpeg
    948.7 KB · Views: 12
Also forgot to say that my stock of Chinese blades is now very low !
Does anyone know of a supplier at a docent price ?
I am in the Uk !

I only have one SE razor--it is a vintage Schick adjustable injector, I believe the type is "M3" as it has alternating numbers and dots on the adjustment dial and says "adjustable" on the handle. The yellow package Schick injector blades are actually available at my local Albertson's which is kind of nice. I currently use it on setting "6" (out of "8") and it provides outstanding performance.

Top Bottom