What's new

whats the best online place to get a merkur hd and the c&e best badger brush together

does anybody have any recommendations on where I can purchase both the merkur hd and the c&e best badger brush together for a reasonable price?

I don't think there's a place that sells them together. You can get the HD from qedusa.com or classicshaving.com You can get the C&E Best Badger Brush from C&E online.

anybody know any retail stores that sell both? something that isn't just a small shop but would more likey appear almost everywhere?

otherwise i would have to pay the shipping cost twice :(

randomtw said:
anybody know any retail stores that sell both? something that isn't just a small shop but would more likey appear almost everywhere?

otherwise i would have to pay the shipping cost twice :(

No such thing.

However, your local mall might have a Crabtree & Evelyn store and perhaps a tobacco or cutlery store which *might* carry Merkur razors.

Where do you live?

i know my city won't have it but i live pretty close to some major cities
san jose, santa clara, milpitas, san francisco (a little far) are cities nearest me

randomtw said:
i know my city won't have it but i live pretty close to some major cities
san jose, santa clara, milpitas, san francisco (a little far) are cities nearest me

They have a cutlery store near the food court area in Valley Fair. I remember seeing straight razors there. They might carry DE razors. There's also a C&E store in Valley Fair.

do you know the name of the store so i can call them up?

i'm also near pleaston or concord, forgot to add that

I live on the Peninsula...You should be able to find a C&E on your side of the Bay. Maybe you can call C & E and they can tell you the nearest retail location, or check with Malls close to you. If not, there is a C & E at Stanford shopping center in Palo Alto. I would call first to make sure that they have the brush in stock just in case.

As for the razor it might even be cheaper paying the shipping. I happened to be at Hillsdale mall last night in San Mateo and was looking at their razors. Prices were as follows...

Merkur HD $40 vs. $28 at QED
Progress $60 vs. $39.50 at QED
Futur $75 vs. $52 at QED
Vision $169 vs. $99 at QED

They even had 2 slant bars...same razor...one for $42...the other $44?

So even when you take into account shipping you are still ahead...if you do go to Stanford they have a L'Occitane store a couple shops down from C&E.

Good Luck!

Obviously, you need to buy them separately, and then to justify the double shipping to yourself, you'll need to add lots of other items to your orders....

Top Bottom