What's new

What's the Best Nail Clipper out there?

A more comprehensive list of Solingen brands are:
Zohl, Hetzer, Camila, Credo, Niegeloh, Dovo, Timor, Zwiling Henckels, Nippes, Erbe, Pfeilring, Yes, Boker, Becker, and Doppelring.

I finally got around to buying these. The quality seems quite nice and they are a pleasure to hold. I really like the brushed finish since I think heavy polish can look a lot like cheap chrome. They're sturdy, without any rough edges or points, with the exception of the corners of the cutting edges.

Every other set of clippers I have ever owned makes the exact same sharp, clear clipping sound. However, the clipping sound with these is oddly muted (dull) and hollow, which may be due to the enclosed design. Not a problem, I think, but it makes me feel like the cutting action is not as decisive ... probably just in my head.

In terms of use, they clip just fine, though please note that I do not have really thick or particularly hard nails.

The one thing I do not like is that because of how the handle mechanism works, it sometimes feels like it is slightly off-center when pressing it down. It might require training of my fingers to press straight down and not at a slight angle that might be more natural to my hands. The last clipping session was better.

Overall, I'm generally happy with them. I don't think they cut better or worse than any other of the cheap grocery store bought clippers I have owned in the past, but they are definitely of higher quality, which I find I am craving for as I get older and rickety.

A more comprehensive list of Solingen brands are:
Zohl, Hetzer, Camila, Credo, Niegeloh, Dovo, Timor, Zwiling Henckels, Nippes, Erbe, Pfeilring, Yes, Boker, Becker, and Doppelring.
My Zwilling sets and lot's of various manicure items from the brands above.

20200229_184412.jpg

20200229_185137.jpg

I'd also like to hear opinions. I have the Pa Da Ra clippers...expensive but sharp as hell. Got the giant size for use on my toenails.
A bit big, but before I simply spring for a smaller size, would like to know if others can recommend alternatives.

These are the best. Sharp. Well made. Stainless. Have had the large and medium for a decade.

tbh i havent ever thought of this, i just use the cheapo ones ive had for years but do the job, maybe ill have to look into this

Parada is hands down the best nail clippers I have ever used in my 50+ years of nail clipping.

They are made in Japan by I think Feather.

Clipped with the medium-sized Feather clippers. Solid but not earth-shattering. The medium should be big enough for most people. I'd like to see what the small is like. I expect the large is better suited to those of you with Shaquille O'Neal-sized feet.

Top Bottom