What's new

What's the Best Nail Clipper out there?

Victorinox
66252F06-B2CF-4425-BEEE-84378C9296C5.jpeg
66252F06-B2CF-4425-BEEE-84378C9296C5.jpeg

For a lifetime.

The Harperton Klipit set is very sharp and leaves very clean cuts. Like someone else mentioned re: the Sekis, they do tend to stick when sliding along the nail to make multiple cuts, but you figure out a way around it.

Seki SS106. This fingernail clipper even cuts thru the iron toenails of this 70+ year old without me having to soften them up in the shower first so they won't shatter. My wife rolled her eyes when I ordered it (saying "Oh, another one?"), and now it's the only clipper she uses on her fingers and toes.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Not sure which the "best" is but I've been very pleased with my Italian Premax ring-lock.
Had them for about five years I think. And they are kind of "aggressive" :ohmy:
The box showed it was made in the same town as Fatip razors and other Italian cutlery.

1576520801866.png

Not sure which the "best" is but I've been very pleased with my Italian Premax ring-lock.
Had them for about five years I think. And they are kind of "aggressive" :ohmy:
The box showed it was made in the same town as Fatip razors and other Italian cutlery.

View attachment 1044192
I've seen these under a variety of brands, so I'm assuming they are OEM made in China. On that website, they sell other things and more prominently note that some are made in Italy, so although I see "Made in Italy" printed on the clippers, I think these may not be.

For example, here and here.

But that aside, they look very good. Should cut evenly. I am looking at the aforementioned and these.

Last edited:
The absolute best are Suwada nail clippers, the pliers style. Green Bell, however are probably the most familiar/best/most economical. Kai nail clippers are perfectly adequate and long lasting. For whatever reason Japan makes the best nail clippers.

Top Bottom