What's new

What's the Best Nail Clipper out there?

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
After a bit of research, two months ago I got both the Seki Edge (Japan, $17) and Haperton (US, $14) clipper set from Amazon. The Seki is sharper and sturdy, but I find myself reaching for the smaller Haperton. It
D25D683D-8719-46FA-AD92-86BE12C9DF18.jpeg
just feels right.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Parada is hands down the best nail clippers I have ever used in my 50+ years of nail clipping.

They are made in Japan by I think Feather.
I just ordered the medium. The only reservation is some reviews say it doesn’t open so wide.

Thank you so much for the link, Patrick. :thumbsup:

The No-mes clippers are the BEST I've ever had. They put my Seki Edge clippers to shame.

Got mine finally !!! Birthday gift to myself, since it seems the wife and kids all steal clippers, these will be well hidden !!!!:)

• Haha
Reactions: Cal

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I just ordered the medium. The only reservation is some reviews say it doesn’t open so wide.
Got these in. Very nice. Great heft and build quality. The opening isn’t too narrow. The catcher is fine. It stays in place and isn’t annoying like some cheaper models. The clippings do easily fall out if you tip the clippers forward at all. You almost don’t need to slide the catch back to empty it. Sliding the catch is a little tough sometimes to get it to move. All in all a very nice item. I’m not sure it’s worth the premium price but ymmv on that.

Ive had a small pair of Concord nail clippers for many years and my wife and children have claimed it for themselves... Ill be shopping for my own manicure kit and may end up piecing one together so I get exactly the tools and brands I want.

After a lifetime of crappy clippers from the drugstore, I discovered this thread a few months ago. I had no idea good clippers existed. I chose the Seki for fingers and toes. I still hate cutting toe nails, but it is wonderful to have proper tools to do the job well. As an earlier post said, mine too are well hidden from family members.

The No-mes clippers are the BEST I've ever had. They put my Seki Edge clippers to shame.

This is an update, nine months in with my fabulous No-mes Fingernail Clipper.

My Seki Edge clippers have been totally redundant since I received my No-mes clippers. The Seki Edge is a fine tool, but compared to the No-mes it's a bit like driving a Model T Ford... today!

Fingernail clipping is now as enjoyable for me as shaving (me-time vs chore).

FCOTD (Fingernail Clip Of The Day)
Ready:
No-mes-9-months-1_2021-10-12.jpg

Done, and waste compartment opened for emptying:
No-mes-9-months-2_2021-10-12.jpg

Emptied and awaiting next clipping session:
No-mes-9-months-3_2021-10-12.jpg
:001_wub:

Ah, little things. :letterk1:

Top Bottom