What's new

What's on your work bench right now?

Had a great evening sanding and polishing! For me, other than the shave, this is my favorite part of the hobby we all love!
proxy.php
proxy.php
View attachment 700251View attachment 700252View attachment 700253

I did up some hardwood scales temporarily until I get the time to make some micarta. Also trying to find 1/16 washers here in Australia is not impossible but close to it. I've found a supply for now at least. I've also got a supply of deer antler on the way too. $IMG_4783.jpg

So it almost looks like this thread has died.. so here's a little CPR for it.. I've been busily working away over the xmas break to produce this for myself.. yet another gold dollar, but wearing a set of deer antler scales with a 0.05€ coin as the wedge..
$IMG_5219.jpg$IMG_5222.jpg$IMG_5222.jpg

keep the projects going lads!!!

Frederick Reynolds Prince Albert

I started this a long time ago and am just starting to get back to it. Once I settle into my new place, I'll be mirror polishing the tang and non-show side. With the raised etching, I'm going to try to take off some of the rust/staining with a Q-tip. Should leave most of the etching in good shape and leave me worry free from rust.

$uploadfromtaptalk1418086947593.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1417993992970.jpg

Frederick Reynolds Prince Albert

I started this a long time ago and am just starting to get back to it. Once I settle into my new place, I'll be mirror polishing the tang and non-show side. With the raised etching, I'm going to try to take off some of the rust/staining with a Q-tip. Should leave most of the etching in good shape and leave me worry free from rust.

View attachment 718773View attachment 718774

What's the status on this project??

Greetings all. I'm new to this forum. Also just started straight razor restoration. Althought i've been doing all kinds of handycrafts all my life. Here's my second and first scale crafting. Left one is Wade & Butcher and right one is Puma 6/8. Both scales are made of cherrywood. I colored W&B scale with dark brown colour. Scales are finished with parafin oil.

Attachments

• IMG-20170306-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20170306-WA0000.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
Nice work on the scales! I have a W&B waiting to be honed, then an EA Berg and Joseph Rogers and Sons to clean up and make scales for. Last is a Boker 1983 Columbian Exposition that needs to be cleaned up. I have been afraid to start that one, because I don't want to ruin the etching on the blade. After that I will either go back and make scales for a couple blades that currently have just black plastic scales, or start working on Gold Dollar mods if those show up.

Here's my latest rescale project. Blade is 6/8 J A Henckels. But with missing toe :001_unsur. I brushed blade with Dremel steel brush and chipped toe off :a13:. I grinded and refigured toe of the blade little bit. Also planing to make olivewood scales to it... Not sure what it will turn out...
DSC_0004.JPG

Top Bottom