What's new

What's on your work bench right now?

Ok after lots of himmmin and hawwwwing and very little spare time i decided to just get started. I picked 3 and figured lets see how bad they are; after a bit of polishing to remove years of grime im glad to see that with a little buffing and polishing these will clean up well. I may have to make some new scales for GW&S but the brass spine is in wonderful shape! View attachment 968471

Dean I'm going to be watching these with interest, it's going to be nice seeing those bad boys back into use and giving them time to shine once again.....

Nice blades, really like the blade exchange system on those old blades.
Have 2 similar type of blades made by Heljestrand, they are wonderful shavers.

Below you can follow my progress in my own work.
Had little time last week to finish my rescale project for my WB 15/16.
But the wedge is glued and in the first fotos temporary screwed together, and in the next photos you see the peening of the wedge been completed. Now sanding of the edges and fitting of the blade remains plaus peening of the pivot.
IMG_20190401_224443.jpg
IMG_20190401_224507.jpg
IMG_20190402_081318.jpg
IMG_20190402_081332.jpg

During the last week i have tuned in the wedge, thinned the scales down to 3 mm over all the length. and testfitted the blade so it is centered.

Mackis That Wade & Butcher The celebrated razor is going to look fantastic in those scales for sure.
:em2200::em2200::em2200::em2200::em2200:
Thank you, i'm trying my best to make the razor some scales in the same level as the makers craftmanship in the blade. That is not easy, i can't settle for almost good, so the build will have to take it's time. I'm new to this so i have to learn by doing.

Dean I'm going to be watching these with interest, it's going to be nice seeing those bad boys back into use and giving them time to shine once again.....
Dont hold your breath on a time line Ian as im squeeking this in between home/travel and playing with products to see what works and doesnt (so far it doesnt.....lol)

Dont hold your breath on a time line Ian as im squeeking this in between home/travel and playing with products to see what works and doesnt (so far it doesnt.....lol)

I hear ya mate!!! As I'm going to be starting something new, Just to make this rabbit hole even deeper as I pick my wood turning lathe up tomorrow. Then I have to sort the spare bedroom out to turn into a workshop and pipe it up with dust extraction, as well as a bench for the lathe and bench saw and sander..... So its all going to be fun fun fun not lol....

Thank you, i'm trying my best to make the razor some scales in the same level as the makers craftmanship in the blade. That is not easy, i can't settle for almost good, so the build will have to take it's time. I'm new to this so i have to learn by doing.

Mackis you're doing a terrific job. That is an interesting use of an old key. I would never have thought of it.

Mackis you're doing a terrific job. That is an interesting use of an old key. I would never have thought of it.
You are to kind in your remarks, i see all your excellent work and feel i have a lot to learn. This forum has been a welth of invaluable information on how to do things the right way, i'm most greatful for all the knowledge that is being shared. Without that information i would not be where i am, so if i can contribute with some ideas that anyone can use i would be happy to do so. That is how progress is being done :)

I hear ya mate!!! As I'm going to be starting something new, Just to make this rabbit hole even deeper as I pick my wood turning lathe up tomorrow. Then I have to sort the spare bedroom out to turn into a workshop and pipe it up with dust extraction, as well as a bench for the lathe and bench saw and sander..... So its all going to be fun fun fun not lol....
Been there my friend....for the longest time while ny wife was building our wall bookcase we had a compound sliding mitre saw and other tools in the living room....lol.

Mate that razor is beautiful, love those scales that has come up well congratz on a fantastic restore.

:em2200::em2200::em2200::em2200::em2200:
Thank you! I'm happy with the result, it's been a pleasure to work with. When i saw the horn material i instantly knew that they was meant for this razor. Just love the golden streaked horn scales, fits well with the wedge, and washers. The silver pin gives a perfect contrast. Now i'm thinking of next project, making a box for it. It no longer fits the original box. I'm going to try to make a old scool coffin box, papier mache style.

Couldn't hold myself and did a 2 pass shave, with a thick creamy lather. This razor is amazing!

//Mackis

At the moment im working on 5 one that has mother of pearl scales that im trying to find mop to suit it, a blue Ring, a gold bug, a black diamond, and a blue Diamond.....

At the moment im working on 5 one that has mother of pearl scales that im trying to find mop to suit it, a blue Ring, a gold bug, a black diamond, and a blue Diamond.....
Post pics and share your thoughts, would love to see them come to life!

Top Bottom