What's new

What's on your work bench right now?

Right my first one has arrived ready to go on my bench, Grah & Plumacher Blue Diamond to be honest this one looks in way better condition than it looked in the pictures posted. As it has travelled from Australia to the UK without any damage, thanks to being well packed by the seller so here she is looking sad and unloved.. Soon to change!!!
This one Matt will be happy with as I will be asking him questions lol That's if Luecke2326 don't mind

20190216_113555.jpg
20190216_113623.jpg
20190216_113722.jpg
20190216_113828.jpg

Right my first one has arrived ready to go on my bench, Grah & Plumacher Blue Diamond to be honest this one looks in way better condition than it looked in the pictures posted. As it has travelled from Australia to the UK without any damage, thanks to being well packed by the seller so here she is looking sad and unloved.. Soon to change!!!
This one Matt will be happy with as I will be asking him questions lol That's if Luecke2326 don't mind

View attachment 953366 View attachment 953367 View attachment 953368 View attachment 953369

Absolutely mate! It looks brilliant for sure! I’m glad you’re finally starting to pick up some really nice razors lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Working on this one for the another member. The new buffing wheels are working out very nicely!

The bolsters have been sorted and a good clean, just got some painting to do on the scale logo and this one is done...
Here is the results so far

20190216_213642.jpg
20190216_213922.jpg
20190216_214023.jpg
20190216_214058.jpg

Hahaha I could not master a cuppa:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

Matt One thing im going to ask the blue on the tang or shank is it gun bluing or a paint, as this one has some marks on it and I was wondering if it could be touched up.

Hahaha I could not master a cuppa:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

Matt One thing im going to ask the blue on the tang or shank is it gun bluing or a paint, as this one has some marks on it and I was wondering if it could be touched up.

That one is is gun blue or some variation of gun blue. I had the same issue as you with the blue on my first Plumacher. I removed the scales, then taped out the lines I wanted and used several coats of Birchwood Casey blue to get the finish I wanted. Alternatively you could just touch up the spots.

@Ice-Man my Droescher had paint and my blue diamond Solingen was gun blue.

I believe all these razors were produced by G&P but that is a speculation based on the trademarks.

Interesting, they had different methods of achieving the same result even in the same model ?

I'm not saying its a different method, I'm just used to gun blue being a uniform color. You saw mine, the bluing had green, blue, and purple hues, at least to my eye. You've seen mine, is it different? I haven't seen others, his looks like a constant hue to me though.

TBH this one dont look the same colour as gun blue this looks like an oil blue as you can see the shine of the metal through it now I have tried to get a close up of it

20190217_002250.jpg
20190217_002340.jpg

So could this be a transparent paint as I dont want to mess this up lol....

I think this looks more like Clay S finish on his
Yes, it does! Mine had it :( Had some bad corrosion on the other side that had to be taken care of. Haven't bothered bluing it, because I'm used to that sheen being a high temperature bluing method, much hotter than hot-bluing for a gun, and needing special equipment. So mine is bare metal currently, been thinking about gun bluing it, but haven't decided.

Looking at your closeups, It does appear like it might be paint.

Yes, it does! Mine had it :( Had some bad corrosion on the other side that had to be taken care of. Haven't bothered bluing it, because I'm used to that sheen being a high temperature bluing method, much hotter than hot-bluing for a gun, and needing special equipment. So mine is bare metal currently, been thinking about gun bluing it, but haven't decided.

Looking at your closeups, It does appear like it might be paint.

I’m gonna agree now that is see it close up, I think it has to be some sort of paint. One of my models is just like yours it is what I called painted, but I used gun blue on it.

Top Bottom