What's new

What's on your list to feed your shaving addiction? :

What do you still want to feed your shaving addiction? :)

I'm not thinking about what extravagant item you'd like to have but probably won't get and I'm not suggesting that after you buy the items on your list you will never buy anything else.

If you have a "vision" of basic items you'll probably get but haven't yet what would those be?

In my case I'll probably always buy the occasional Ebay vintage straight razor. It's inexpensive and it's fun.

I'd like to get another (gave one away) Gillette New Short Open Comb razor.

I'd like to get a couple of inexpensive but interesting vintage shaving brushes.

Whether I get it or not I'd like to have a coticule hone.

I don't see getting any more shaving related items that aren't in this post.

What's on your list?

My list is pretty small. I'm fairly new still to DE shaving. I would like to replace my Merkur 34C, passed along to a son. I would also like a vintage adjustable one day. That may be all I ever want for hardware. There are plenty of soaps to try, and I will probably never get through the entire list. Oh, and time to enjoy it all; shaving and life in general. It's been a busy year, and will likely be next year as well, but should slow down late next year, giving me more time to enjoy shaving, as well as other interests.

I have been looking at shave soaps that are only available in the USA.

I stumbled across a video showing how to make your own shave soap ..... my wife seemed very interested in that ....

I would like to get some Castle Forbes Lime Cream as I have heard good things about it and I have been wanting a Gillette Red Tip SS for awhile.

I have my "go-to's" for regular work day shaving but there is an entire sub-culture of obscure and seldom mentioned vintage safety razors that are of great interest to me.

On the DE front there are razors such as the Segal one-piece TTO (which preceded Gillette in the TTO marketing) and on the SE front there is no shortage of interesting razors from our past that I want to resurrect, the latest example being the Valet Auto-Strop.

I thought I had my RAD under control!

The 2 main things I really lust for are a NEW Improved and a NEW Deluxe Tuckaway.

I do have a mild burning for almost any vintage razor I haven't tried yet though. I really like the oddball stuff too, as long as they shave at least reasonably well. I really have no use for the modern stuff, except my Fatip Piccolo.

Software is nice, but no real burning desire there as long as I have something decent on hand.

Need to replace my 37C she's starting to go under the cap. So a ATT-S1 looks in order. Vintage; a cased President and Executive then a Brit No#16 to name a few off the top of my head. Of course if a stray 1908 K.Gillette Signature happens to pop up I might go for that too.

I just brought two razors for the princely sum $5.50 for both from eBay ... delivered.
proxy.php

And
proxy.php

Hi my name is Richard and I have an addiction..... [emoji13][emoji106]

My short list includes more blades to try, a few more 'old school' AS and some more hard soaps! :thumbup1:
I see that you are in Seattle. I often hear of people finding vintage razors at low prices by going to flea markets and antique stores. I don't know where such a thing would be in Seattle, do you?

I can imagine a pricey antique store where if they had any razors they would cost more than Ebay but I can't imagine any local real deals or a real selection. Just curious if you had found anything locally. I'm more into straight razors than DE though.

In the city here things are really picked over. So it is best to get to some of the smaller towns IME.

I see that you are in Seattle. I often hear of people finding vintage razors at low prices by going to flea markets and antique stores. I don't know where such a thing would be in Seattle, do you?

I can imagine a pricey antique store where if they had any razors they would cost more than Ebay but I can't imagine any local real deals or a real selection. Just curious if you had found anything locally. I'm more into straight razors than DE though.
Coming from someone who does have good hunting grounds. IME there are not a lot of deals on wild straights. I have found a few nice ones cheap, but I see lots more beat up ones for way too much money. People who don't know what they have tend to think straights are ultra rare. I can't tell you how many with broken blades or horrible hone ware I've seen priced at $30-$40.

Coming from someone who does have good hunting grounds. IME there are not a lot of deals on wild straights. I have found a few nice ones cheap, but I see lots more beat up ones for way too much money. People who don't know what they have tend to think straights are ultra rare. I can't tell you how many with broken blades or horrible hone ware I've seen priced at $30-$40.
Haha...on Ebay I've noticed that those estate sellers who don't know razors have the best deals and those who do know razors have the worst deals. Not just higher prices but they will say that a razor is in very good condition and then mention except for a small pit in the edge of the blade and when you look at it it's like a paper punch and the razor is listed for $40. :)

I would like my Birth Year/ Quarter Gillette Back Beauty. 1976 W2, keep looking out for it but always other quarters not mine. Also want a Gillette Sheraton one day and a Kent SilverTip shaving Brush, other than that I am set and happy [emoji3][emoji3]

Still checking the auctions for a nice, minty 1969 (O4) Gillette Black Beauty, preferably boxed, for less than €40 shipped so I can tick the "Birth Year" box
After that, a nice, minty 1964 (J1) Slim Adjustable, preferably boxed, for less than €25 shipped so I can tick the "Goldfinger" box

I'm in no rush for either - if it happens, happy days, if it doesn't happen, I'd rather wait until a bargain comes along than buy any old razor for the sake of buying any old razor

I've also gotten thinking about looking into some of the European clones of the Gillette Old Type. I have a French Vites single ring clone but would like to find more along such lines:

proxy.php

Top Bottom