What's new

What's on your B&B Bucket List?

I'm in Chicago to shepherd a group of my college students on some business site visits. I came in a day early to be well rested, and took the chance to visit Werz Apothecary (downtown). It's a wonderfully packed place, with a wide assortment of shaving products, and some knowledgeable saleswomen - I heard B&B referenced more than once, with one of them saying she learned everything she needed to know about shaving her legs from B&B. She even gave a customer new to wet shaving information about how to connect with other enthusiasts on B&B, so it seems we have a booster in Chicago! I picked up a bottle of Stirling's Executive Man aftershave splash to go along with the balm I already have...I really like that fragrance.

It occurred to me that this isn't the first time I've made a point of visiting a wet shaving location or doing something else I learned about on B&B. In fact, when I started planning my trip here, I remembered that I had copied and pasted some info about Werz Apothecary (from something I read awhile ago on B&B) into my calendar on the dates I would be traveling. I did the same thing for a trip to Boston in August (visiting an Art of Shaving store), and for a trip to London in May ( traditional hot towel shave at Truefitt & Hill). It seems that, without thinking much about it, I have been keeping a shaving bucket list of sorts, mostly from things I've read about on B&B. The thought occurred to me that perhaps I ought to create an actual shaving bucket list.

So, what's on your B&B bucket list? And what things on your list remain to be done? What have you done that you would do again?

Cool thread i can totally relate! My top is definitely Pasteur’s since it’s close (i live in CT) and actually attainable. Another item was getting a barbershop shave which i just recently crossed off. It’s now been replaced with a Turkish barbershop shave hahaha. Aside from those, i do look around each place i travel to to find shaving related stores so those are more “lists of opportunity” that cone up due to travel. Not sure where my next trip will be yet but i’m sure i’ll have some more places to add when i do decide where to go!

I'm in Chicago to shepherd a group of my college students on some business site visits. I came in a day early to be well rested, and took the chance to visit Werz Apothecary (downtown). It's a wonderfully packed place, with a wide assortment of shaving products, and some knowledgeable saleswomen - I heard B&B referenced more than once, with one of them saying she learned everything she needed to know about shaving her legs from B&B. She even gave a customer new to wet shaving information about how to connect with other enthusiasts on B&B, so it seems we have a booster in Chicago! I picked up a bottle of Stirling's Executive Man aftershave splash to go along with the balm I already have...I really like that fragrance.

It occurred to me that this isn't the first time I've made a point of visiting a wet shaving location or doing something else I learned about on B&B. In fact, when I started planning my trip here, I remembered that I had copied and pasted some info about Werz Apothecary (from something I read awhile ago on B&B) into my calendar on the dates I would be traveling. I did the same thing for a trip to Boston in August (visiting an Art of Shaving store), and for a trip to London in May ( traditional hot towel shave at Truefitt & Hill). It seems that, without thinking much about it, I have been keeping a shaving bucket list of sorts, mostly from things I've read about on B&B. The thought occurred to me that perhaps I ought to create an actual shaving bucket list.

So, what's on your B&B bucket list? And what things on your list remain to be done? What have you done that you would do again?
I went to the Merz Apothecary that was a little out of the city (still in Chicago but up on N. Lincoln Ave) when I was visiting my son last year. Amazing store and well worth the trip. That was on my bucket list and I'd definitely go back. I've also been to the Art of Shaving store at Disney Springs. That was good, too, but smaller and cramped for space.

Couple of things on my bucket list: I'd like to go to one of the Big Shave conventions, make my own shave soap, and re-knot one of my brushes. And I'd like to get a traditional barber shop shave.

Although I hate to spend much money, meaning my bucket list items probably will never happen, a nice Filly or Dovo straight razor in mint condition is on my wish list. I have pretty much everything I need; straight, adjustables, and open comb razors, two really nice brushes (thanks to Graydog), and multiple Stirling soaps.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Let's see ...

Try straight shaving - completed
Try honing - completed
Try fancy Dorko straight - completed (love my #118)
Try Wade and Butcher - completed
Try W&B FBU - completed (love my FBU)
Try Filarmonica - completed (love my 14 DT JMP)
Try Rigarazor - in process (inbound from Latvia)
Try Wacker - in process ("Old Sheffield" Stosser is inbound)

Not yet started:
Try coticule honing
Try JNAT honing

Let's see ...

Try straight shaving - completed
Try honing - completed
Try fancy Dorko straight - completed (love my #118)
Try Wade and Butcher - completed
Try W&B FBU - completed (love my FBU)
Try Filarmonica - completed (love my 14 DT JMP)
Try Rigarazor - in process (inbound from Latvia)
Try Wacker - in process ("Old Sheffield" Stosser is inbound)

Not yet started:
Try coticule honing
Try JNAT honing
Now you have done it. I now have more SRs on my bucket list (although I do have one W&B).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Great thread!

There are two things on my B+B travel bucket list these days: a visit to Pasteur’s in NYC and a visit to one of the 3 T’s is London for a shave and haircut (plus a few souvenirs)!

I have not thought of a bucket list but some things I might be interested in are local meet ups and Maggard's meet up. I have not seen many wet shavers in real life other than in forums and on the web so it'd be nice to discuss about wet shaving with all the folks.

Top Bottom